Kentucky Pregame

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Volgrad98, Nov 5, 2021.

1. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Which of the injured guys are back?

2. 10SEvols

10SEvols Member

3. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Not winning if we can’t get our defense off the damn field.

4. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

After 4 sustained drives, I’m pretty sure our DC should be thinking, it ain’t working!

5. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Welp - never seen a team win when TOP was that lopsided.

6. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Depleted Tennessee team vs a kentucky team that's had how many years of recruiting consistency and they still lost? Don't care how ugly this one was, it still tastes pretty sweet.

IP, Memtownvol, Tar Volon and 2 others like this.
  7. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

We went 3-7 last year and couldn't score 14 a game. Against most teams, we can score 14 points in less than 2 minutes now. Damn right it tastes good.

8. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

We'll get the guys on D eventually.

9. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Asking defense to play that many downs means you gotta have depth. UT has none right now

chavisut likes this.
  10. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Yep. That's my main problem with this type of offense. Scoring points super fast still kind of [uck fay]s over the defense so if you don't have the depth to rotate in and the O stalls a bit, it's a bad combo.

11. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

That made a ton of different two weeks ago but today we were just crap from the opening drive.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  12. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Ok but we missed a ton of tackles early. I don’t disagree but our defense wasn’t the same tonight

13. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I'd come play for this defense. Got a chance to make a lot of tackles and make more plays. What's the fun of 3 and out Mr recruit, when you can get 12 tackles a game or more chances to get to the qb as teams will try to keep up.

14. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

So all I'm asking for is now is that hooker and the rest of the team remain relatively healthy after the uga game and Tennessee should hit 7 wins for the season. Pretty damn good iyam.

NorrisAlan, IP and TDVol1989 like this.
  15. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I’m gonna keep saying it. Scoring points super fast is a hell of a lot better than going 3 and out super fast

VOLinDAWGland and IP like this.
  16. IP

IP Super Moderator

There's probably a psychological effect of scoring so fast, too. Has to be demoralizing for both sides of the opposition.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Actually, I know it affected the ending of the game. UK was lackadaisical in their last drive, clearly making sure that they would use all the time up and either tie it or win outright. And that really messed up their rhythm and eventually took away the run when they could have been running right down the field had they not bled the clock so hard at the start. In a tangible way, the UT offense affected the execution of the UK offense on that last drive, which ended up in our favor since they quickly became one dimensional.

Memtownvol and Tar Volon like this.
  18. IP

IP Super Moderator

And thinking on it even more, if we hit that FG and go up 6, UK probably plays faster and mixes in more run since they knew they couldn't settle for a FG. Missing that FG may have increased our chances of winning.

19. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Possibly. They were clearly playing at a pace to eat up clock

20. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I thought the same thing.