Kentucky

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by DC Vol, Oct 25, 2014.

1. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

Must be nice for UK fans to have a coherent staff and a QB that doesn't bleed once a month.

This is going to be a loss for the BSIA, I feel.

2. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

On a brighter note. Mizzou and Vandy suck.

KY may be the best team we play in Nov.

3. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

I just don't get it. There is no way you could argue that Joker left their roster in better shape than Dooley (choking down the upchuck). How in the hell do they have a better QB on their roster? I know they have not played our schedule, but DAMN! They play pretty well. And on top of that, we might be losing to the Jelly Boys again. Is this some kind of alternate universe?!?

4. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

To be fair, Towles was a consensus 4*.

But then again, so was Dobbs (who was higher rated). Towles is an academic JR.

But, to agree, Kentucky's roster was garbage and they've been competitive in every game save LSU. UT is looking at it's 3rd blowout in the 2nd year.

And that's with the number #50, #34 and #22 recruiting classes. But, hey, you simply have to have talent, guys.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2014
  5. TDVol1989

Well, I do get it, but I was just pointing out the answer must be coaching. They have the potential to eat our lunch.

If you told me back in 1995 that I would live to see back to back losses to Vandy and falling behind KY in the SEC, I would have asked you what year we got the death penalty.

6. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Dobbs wasn't a consensus 4-star. He wasn't all that highly regarded honestly.

7. yont sum iss?

Kentucky plays Metallica on 3rd down, by the way. We play that stupid shit we play. Advantage UK there too.

8. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

9. TDVol1989

So, rather than split hairs, why is it that we struggle to find a decent QB? I just wonder why a KY or MSU or Ole Miss can find a good QB and we have struggled. And, for that matter, LSU and FL have struggled with that as well. Bray was our best in years and he wasn't a gamer.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

For whom the bell tolls is great

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

12. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Bray was a hell of a player. its scary to think how much worst the Dooley years would have been without him.

13. TDVol1989

Bray was a stat player and did not play well against good teams. However, he had the tools and I wonder what he would have done under a Cutcliffe.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think Bray could have been something special with a better coaching staff. Cheney doesn't suck horribly or anything, but that whole situation did.

15. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

A stat player on a team that had zero coaching. Our whole offense was verticals and deep outs, and more than not we had a respectable offense.

16. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Cheney isn't much at all as a play caller. If he would have developed a short to intermediate passing game with our talent, it would have been deadly

17. yont sum iss?

I do think we have some really good ones committed in Dormady and Kendall. Jennings is a little more of an unknown, but is apparently making big strides. If at least one of those guys doesn't turn out to be good, don't know what to tell. Of course look at who will be coaching them.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Horseshit. The guy is the only reason Tennessee didn't lose 8 games a year under Dooley.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Jennings put in a lot of work to be more than a team's best athlete playing qb.

20. cpninja

cpninja Member

Kentucky played the weakest part of their schedule first. They played a single team worth a damn(LSU) and got absolutely demolished. They're taking advantage of a rusty Miss St team that they also match up against exceptionally well. Not to take anything away from them, since we'd get beat soundly by both LSU and Miss St, but lets not act like they're consistently staying competitive with top 10 teams either.

Not to say I think we're better than them...but what have they done that we didn't? They played a single top 25 team before today and got absolutely stomped.

If they win this game, obviously I will cede the point, but up until now they've done exactly what we've done but they did it against worse competition.