Kentucky

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tar Volon, Oct 11, 2020.

1. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

[uck fay] Chaney too

reVOLt and Memtownvol like this.
  2. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

The defense looked lost, a lot (again).

JG was JG, and he was coach endorsed.

3. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Boggles my mind how the QB play was allowed to continue.

warhammer likes this.
  4. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Pruitt deserves all of the criticism he receives after continuing to roll with JG. Dude cannot be the best option we have at QB.

awebb7 likes this.
  5. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Just [uck fay] all of 2020. I mean damn.

SetVol13 likes this.
  6. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I blame those of you who wanted to bring back college football.

It was obviously too dangerous

SetVol13, IP, 2Maggitt2Quit and 3 others like this.
  7. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

2nd pick 6 after he just stared and stared and threw it right to the guy is one of the worst interceptions ive seen, and yet again, a game changing momentum changer that drains the whole team
    Worlds greatest practice player along with pandemic and Bailey missing spring and sitting out with covid along with Maurer's noggin is a perfect 2020 storm of shit.

Memtownvol, IP and Tar Volon like this.
  8. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

We are going to put a weight on Bailey’s shoulders way too early because we don’t have any other options—we don’t beat Arkansas playing like the last two weeks, let alone Florida or Alabama.

9. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

The worst part is knowing that we have a coaching search in our future. Doesn't matter who's at the helm at this point, this place is just a poisoned chalice.

10. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Chaney w/o Pittman is kind of pointless maybe?

11. Tar Volon

I don’t know enough to feel confident totally writing Chaney off, especially with a lot of QB stuff outside his control (Maurer’s injuries, practice cancellations). But I do not know how our pass protection is so incredibly awful with the talent we have on the line. We’re run-blocking fine but just letting folks tee off on the QB all day

12. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

We avgd about 5 ypc between Gray and Ty. Imagine if a qb was a threat to run or throw over the middle.
    [uck fay] em all if they cant see it

13. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

That's the best part. It's the only time Tennessee football is entertaining or relevant.

14. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

If Pruitt just flames out, this might be the first time that I’ll actually believe the stuff about having a hard time convincing a good coach to come here. I wouldn’t want this job if I was a coach that was worth a damn.

reVOLt, A-Smith and IP like this.
  15. Tar Volon

If Pruitt flames out and doesn’t chase all the talent away on his way out the door, we should have a fuller cupboard than in the last. But it also may be increasingly clear that the job is cursed.

16. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Chaney has bungled the entire offense and the shortcomings of Maurer and Shrout should be laid at the feet of himself and Weinke. This is the big leagues. You don't get to make their money while fiddle [uck fay]ing around with a cancerous loser and expect to skate the ever so deserved consequences.

17. Tar Volon

I don’t know if anybody was going to make anything of Shrout, and Maurer needed to stop getting hit on the head. Going back to JG after Maurer’s repeated injuries was fairly clearly the right call.

At this point, they pretty much have to make something out of Bailey, and it’s just as clear that the time for that is now. They can’t help him being in quarantine for half of fall practice, but they’ve gotta make something of him in the time they do have. If he’s as talented as he was supposed to be, he’s our best option.

18. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Pruitt isnt gonna flame out. I don't envy him right now though because he's about to have to go to his AD after an inexcusable embarrassing loss and tell him that for the second time in three years, he will need a near wholesale change on the offensive side of the football. He's got a coordinator and a handful of assistants that are lazy and criminally incompetent for this level of football.

19. Tar Volon

Yeah, I don’t know about that whole side of the ball, but the pass-blocking definitely makes me wonder what Friend is doing with the line. But wholesale changes on the hot seat are always a tough gamble, because it’s a race to see if the replacements figure things out before you lose your job. It helps if the replacement is Pittman, but that ship has sailed.

20. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Same thing happened back when Peyton was a freshman. He didn’t beat Bama but the experience was really good for him. I would hope Bailey’s mental state is nothing like the Glass house that JG lives in.