Khabib Nurmagomedov vs Connor McGregor

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Volgrad98, Sep 22, 2018.

1. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

I can't say that I'm a big MMA watcher, but I do watch the "big" fights. I don't really know too much about Nurmagomedov, but I know he is undefeated and likes to get his opponent on the ground. And from what I can tell, he pretty much does this to everyone he faces and does it with relative ease. So as far as a match up, do you think McGregor will have an answer to this? Can McGregor stay on his feet and box him? Is this a bad match up for McGregor?

I'm debating on whether or not I'm going to order this fight. I'd like to hear some thought about this match up regardless.

2. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I'd just go to my local BWWs

3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

used to watch UFC, including the weekly fighter show. Lost interest the last few years. Havent been following since this guy became popular. Is Connor still hungry? And is this UFC? I thought he got the boot.

4. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

The fight isn't until Oct. 6th so I've still got time. Last time we went to a bar and watched, there were a lot of MMA wannabes and meatheads (I know, big surprise) and it was super slow getting our orders. I'm going to do some location scouting before coming to a decision. Hell, may not even watch it live at all.

5. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

It is UFC. Can't really say about Conor's motivation and I think he's awaiting trial or is it's still under investigation. I'd have to search that out. Fight isn't for a couple weeks so not sure if I'll even watch it live. At the time I posted the thread, I watched the pc for the fight and I was intrigued about the match up and thought maybe a few on here might be as well.

6. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

One of my boys when he was little at a TN state NAGA event. Not punching, but submission/tap or ref stoppage or points. Cant explain how nervous I was. About to shit my pants the whole day. He got caught in a little headlock and stayed calm. Should have had the keylock or armbar early. Then 2 years later he ran into some Brazilians at every wvent and those suckers sent him to the locker room at age 9. You have to compete expert and things got nasty really quickly. Fun times though. Any new dads, this stuff was good for my boys and we had some good times. Made them all a little tougher and confident.

7. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Wrestling is definitely a sport that will toughen you up and makes you realized that just because they may be a little smaller than you doesn't mean you have the advantage.

8. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Yeah, drunk wannabe mma guys, good point

9. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

If he's wearing a Tapout shirt, he's a tool.

#1 rule of life.

10. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Dear McGregor,

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Racist turd.

emainvol and Joseph Brant like this.
  11. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Khabib was awesome.