Kim Davis

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by JT5, Sep 9, 2015.

1. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Why is America making this [itch bay] famous?

And how low will Mike Huckabee's silly ass stoop. First the Duggars, now this ****. Real circle of excellence this **** associates himself with.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Did you see Huckabee's quote concerning following laws? Something like, you should only follow laws you agree with? Guess no more taxes!

3. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

That's how a lot of laws already work with them being in place to punish the "wrong kind of people"but I don't understand anyone attaching their wagon to this woman.

Her marital life reads like a jerry springer show.

4. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Huckabee is the biggest charlatan in all of America. I would have supported carpet bombing Carter County, KY yesterday.

5. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

He's a pandering moron. Apparently laws against the fondling of children are a gray area for him. The people in that county should be asking why they're paying taxes for services not provided as it is.

6. g8terh8ter_eric

g8terh8ter_eric Contributor

This woman has apparently been married 4 times. She's a proverbial bull in a china shop, when it comes trying to use God as reason not to provide a marriage license to someone else.

7. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

This woman spent more time in jail than the guy that tried to rob me at knife point.

8. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

She held the keys to her cell; did he?

9. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

I'm seriously sick of hearing about her. I can't count the number of social media posts I've seen concerning her. I get it, it's an easy target for people looking to get a pat on the back for being a progressive thinker but it's funny how many people only speak up when they're given a sitting duck to shoot at. The sooner she fades into oblivion, the better.

10. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Yeah, don't hold someone against their will with a knife, and threaten to kill people if they don't give them all of your money.

11. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I am sorry that happened to you but the point stands. She was in total control on going to jail and when she was released. The comparison between her and the robber does not apply.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

In this analogy, he could not just stop having robbed you after he committed the act. In her case, this was about her NOT performing an act that she was legally obligated to perform. So at any time, she could stop NOT performing the act. His fate was out of his hands the moment he made the poor decision to rob you. Her fate was always in her own hands, and still is.

Surely you can see the difference? He suffocated himself by putting a bag over his head and handcuffing himself. She just held her breath.

13. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

If she gets away with this its a win for all of us. We can then point to this as a precedent for telling our employers which parts of our job we will or won't do, depending on our "convictions"....

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm not grading papers anymore.

15. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

If only it were that easy.

16. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Is it just me or is Mike Huckabee becoming the white Jesse Jackson/Al Sharpton? If he starts calling himself Reverend Mike Huckabee may a 40 ton ingot fall on him from the sky....

17. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Gotta maintain relevance somehow.

18. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

My point was, he spent less time in jail than she did. If I take my pick, I send a guy with a knife to jail for 10 years instead of 5 days. All she did is do something she didn't want to. I'd say more appropriate punishment for her is being suspended without pay.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

She would have been in jail for zero days if she had done what the judge told her. Your guy only being in jail 5 days, rightly or wrongly, has nothing to do with her experience.

20. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

But why can't he make the comparison to highlight the absurdity of our legal system?