Kirkland to start at MLB Saturday

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Beechervol, Sep 17, 2015.

1. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

So they say.

2. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Jumper will be in there because it gives Lyle the best chance of getting a cameo in the Rudy spinoff, Jumper.

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

The handling of the MLB spot has been perfect. The three snaps Kirkland has played thus far this year clearly taught him a lot and he is now ready to go, but clearly he wasn't better than Jumper five days ago.

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

The way these guys do things just defies all logic. So last year when we lost AJ I believe the first guy in was a true freshman that had barely played football and I think for a lot of that time was on the line. That was Jakob Johnson. What the hell happened to him? He was good enough for the spot last year, but not this year? And Bynum? Both those guys were good enough to earn PT last year, but neither is even a factor thanks to Jumper? I mean the Jakob stuff was supposed to be that he wasn't mentally ready yet (which actually seems totally understandable) but was so athletic you couldn't keep him off the field. Well now he should be more mentally ready but we can't get him on the field. I guess it was more important that he occupy the sixth spot on the DE depth chart. But, we have Kirkland who is supposed to be a freak athlete as well as very cerebral and he couldn't figure it out either. It's like they are just drawing the starting lineup out of a hat.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Jakob is a 4th string TE now, behind Wolf, Ellis and Creamer.

6. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

It's called overthinking a simple ass game.

Couple that with making excuses for everything and these jackass coaches aren't smart enough to remember what lies/excuses they told. If you're going to be a spouting cliche machine, at least have a plan B.

7. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Is anybody else wondering what Kiffin would be able to do with this team if he were HC?

8. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I've spent more energy wondering what Gruden would be able to do.

9. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

With Dobbs at QB? 7, maybe 8 wins.

10. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Yeah, Dobbs would never see the field a la Tajh Boyd but with a dropback QB and all other talent being equal Tennessee would have beaten Oklahoma by three TDs and we'd all be crowing about being relevant again....

11. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

He made Blake Sims look good. He could find a way with Dobbs.

12. GahLee

Blake Simms is a better passer than Dobbs, it's not even close.

13. GahLee

I don't doubt any of this.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Three years with Kiffin coaching him, Dobbs would be just as good.

Or Dobbs wouldn't have been recruited here, which is probably more likely

15. GahLee

He did it in year one with Simms though.

16. RockyHill

He's a better passer because had NFL caliber coaching. Think about it, Dobbs is literally sitting in a room right now with Debord and they're trying to figure out how to deal with blitzes as if blitzing was a strategy invented in Neyland this past Saturday.

17. RockyHill

I guess you forgot about Crompton.

18. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

That part absolutely blows my mind.

This guy is getting paid $500k/year to not prepare for a ****ing blitz.

19. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

Who, to be fair, was squandered by Fulmer/Clawson. Crompton was a high-4*/5* kid coming out of HS IIRC.

Crompton was more of a psychological case compounded by a guy that made poor reads than he was like Dobbs who makes poor reads and knuckleballs every throw he makes.

20. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I absolutely hate every one of those jackwagons. It's like we have a buch of toddlers down there that won't believe a hot stove will hurt them until they put their hand on a red hot eye. Pure incompetence.

The "Power of Why" "Snap and Clear Mentality" my ass. What they have done starting Jumper is nothing short of sabotage. They all can pound sand.