Kongbo quiting football

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by KennyR, Oct 30, 2016.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Bullshit. You would have to be stupid to make those kinds of promises.

Edit: oh wait

2. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

That's dumb. I don't care if Jalen Hurd is a diva, I won't judge him one damn bit for walking out on this clown show. He's doing his teammates a favor, showing some brass balls too really.

3. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

As a coach you're either coaching it or allowing it. Butch is responsible for the environment that he's created either way.

4. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

This has the makings of an ugly and abrupt end.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'm okay with that

6. RockyHill

Christmas came early imo.

7. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

He thinks this is unfair? **** that. Wait until he gets to the real world where nobody cares the first damn about his feelings.

8. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

The only thing a quitter shows are his little balls.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Sure

10. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

You've never quit a job?

11. RockyHill

Typical millennial...

But seriously, come on. He laid his body on the line for years for a complete fraud of a coach. Hurd and his teammates were lied to and robbed of millions by this hack.

12. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

By just getting up and walking out? No.

13. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

So, you gave notice? Perhaps like he did at the UGA game?

14. NorrisAlan

Maybe he turned in his notice during the UGA game? Who knows what is going on behind the doors of the complex.

15. knoxvol

knoxvol Contributor

Who are "Kongbo" and "Abernathy"?

16. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Then he should have left after the UGA game. Sticking around and half assing it makes me think even less of him than I alredy do.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He pretty much did before the bowl game last year, then Butch told him and his family the offense would change.

It didn't

18. RockyHill

Obviously I don't know what's happening behind the scenes and will allow for the possibility that I'm reading the whole thing totally wrong.

With that being said, Hurd clearly is one helluva competitor and a pretty tough sumbeech. I'd think quitting is the last thing he'd ever want to do, and I'd bet that throughout the past two years he never imagined he'd consider it, even when he did hate Butch's guts. A man can only be pushed so far though.

I mean the whole Butch era at UT is so far outside the realm of normal they'll have to make a 30 for 30 after all the crazy stuff comes out once the bastard is gone.

19. NorrisAlan

Okay.

20. NorrisAlan

Because Lyle's offense is infallible. Never mind Hurd was a RU away freight train in the bowl game when they put blockers in for him.

I wish Jones would just go away already. I think the guy has a lower football IQ than I do.