Kongbo quiting football

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by KennyR, Oct 30, 2016.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

And that was the first time that has happened under Saban.

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

For a Heisman, a title and a 2nd round paycheck

3. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

This is a sticky situation for me. I don't like leaving teammates, but damn. Is it smart to continue efforts in futility by following incompetents? I need time to sort this.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

And that's the only time Saban has done that. Kenyon Drake doesn’t break his arm, he takes 50 to 70 carries

5. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

You know what I meant.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I don't like it, but I understand where he's coming from. He's tired of bullshit. He's not the only one

7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I don't know Jalen Hurd, and from what people have said he is a real SOB. And I normally would say "bye, don't let the door hit you" when a player quits. But in this case, where the dumbass play calling has aged him 10 years as far as playing goes, I wouldn't blame him one bit for looking out for himself at this point.

I really don't think this will affect his draft status one bit, as I am not sure this is a big deal for NFL teams who routinely cut players and it is a business.

8. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I get it. All of it. I'm just not sure how I feel about it yet.

9. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

I've been saying this the whole season

Come back for 6 touches a game.

10. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

There's a right way to go about it. I understand it's different for Hurd because he wasn't having a next year here anyway. But play out the season and wipe the dust off your feet. I wouldn't blame any guy who, at the end of the year decided, well, this isn't the place for me, and moved on. All JMO, and probably how I'd handle it if it was me

11. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Maybe Lyle told him to go. Hurd may have been content to pout and sulk and go through the motions for the next 6 weeks...then leave after the season.

If I'm Butch, I make the decision for him. If this is over, let's end it now. I don't want the bad attitude continuing to poison my locker room. If you're unhappy, no hard feelings, best of luck to you elsewhere.

12. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Loled

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I know I'm coming across as taking up for him, but I'm really not, I'm just trying to point out it's not as simple as "**** him, he's a quitter".

If people question his commitment to his teammates, go watch the last 10 minutes of the Florida game

14. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

No a single issue with anybody who plays out the season and decides to move on.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That's what should be done. He lacks the balls to do it

16. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

Some high horse riding mfers in here.

17. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

For real? How could he have known?

18. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

In a scheme this stupid with a lying borderline retard for a coach?

If that idiot kept talking down his nose to me, I'd walk out on him, and I've put up with some ugly stuff without quitting.

You think about that condescending piece of trash who's to stupid to coach the game. He has nearly gotten the kid killed.

19. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Killed?

Hyperbole much?

20. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

So apparently-and I realize that this comes as a shock- Butch doesn't have particularly strong leadership skills, you know like being transparent, up front, and direct with everyone and getting them to pull together for a common goal. Shouldn't that be like a prerequisite for the job.