@ KY Predictions & Scheme

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Tenacious D, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

1. What’s your keys to the game, for either or both teams?

2. How biased will the officiating be against Tennessee, on a scale of 1-10, and with 1 being Mr. Rogers and a 10 being Louis Farrakhan? (9 is @Ssmiff )

3. Who will be Tennesee’s Top 3 leading scorers?

4. How many threes will each team take, and what percentage will they make?

5. Who wins, and final score?

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I think our guards are better. They’ve got some length on us. We’ve got to keep them out of the paint and limit offensive rebounds. Hopefully we’ll find the defensive gear we had earlier in the season.

We’ll get a Rupp whistle.

Neither of these teams launch a lot of 3s by today’s standards. 15-20 each.

We win, 75-70.

3. Customtaco

Customtaco Member

1. Rebounding

2. 12

3. Grant, Admiral, Bone

4. TN -10-20, Ky 10-26

5. TN 82-76

4. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Going zone at some point and the outcome of those possessions and subsequent momentum in either direction will be the difference imo.
    Cant leave Herro but we will.
    PJ wash has been playing unreal. Have to guard the 3 and force left.
    Bone, grant or admiral will get in early foul trouble with the help of Rupp and Cal.
    Wite Pyre

6. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Nuff said

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Limit offensive boards, hope they don’t hit 60% of their 3’s (they shouldn’t), and don’t get Alexander or Williams in early foul trouble.

8. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

If the officiating favors UK, and it usually does when we play there, one thing to watch for will be early foul trouble for Alexander, Scofield and Williams. I think keeping these guys on the floor will be a huge key to the game. I think we're the better team, but UK is not far behind.

I'll go 68-67 Big Orange. Obviously the homer pick.

9. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Rupperees will be out in force. Not set on a prediction yet

10. It is never easy to win up there, but this team has done everything they have been supposed to do. Perfect? No. Room for improvement? Absolutely. But I have seen enough to know that I will not pick against them until they give me a reason to do otherwise. The balance, the poise, and the unselfishness with which they play is not only a pleasure to watch, it also makes them difficult to beat in any venue and any atmosphere. The way we play reminds me of Chinese water torture; we just keep doing what we do, and then you look up and the lead is double digits. So, we beat Kentucky by at least 10.

(I love being able to be blindly optimistic about a Tennessee team for a change)

11. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

We lose by 10. This is a must win for Kentucky and it's on their home court.

12. BigOrangeBeech

Probably the more accurate prediction. I can't say I'd be surprised with a 10 point loss or a 10 point win, or anything in between really.

13. Ssmiff

When has Cal lost btb home games?

14. BigOrangeBeech

Dont think he has at UK. I think going in to the game against LSU hed only lost 8 games total at Rupp.

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I don't really see this game as a "must win" for UK, in the traditional sense.

A loss doesn't end much of anything for them. They're not going to miss the tournament, they're not completely out of the SEC race (though they won't control their own destiny), and they will still have an outside shot at a 1 seed if they manage to win out (including SEC Tournament).

16. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

This is one of the few teams able to muscle with us in the frontcourt. Washington gave Williams some difficulties last year and Travis is a bull to handle down low, plus can step out and hit a three or two. Herro (Wisconsin traitor) must be given no space by someone like Pons or Bowden. Hagans defensively will be an interesting match up for Bone.

All in all a heavyweight fight. Kentucky will be motivated, but I also get the sense that this Vol team saw 23-1 a while ago with the process was a bit monotonous to get here and they will be ready for the big challenge to finally get here.

I feel a 5 point or so victory coming and I feel nervous about my confidence. 81-76, Vols.

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

After complaining about this team all year, you come in here with this as your prediction for @UK? Come on, man!

18. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Probably the kiss of death. However, I will say, if we do the type of lazy things and defensive breakdowns we've been doing for much of the season, we will be in trouble. Big trouble. We give them a ton of open threes, as we are wont to do, they've already shown against Vandy they can go crazy sometimes. Plus, everyone kills from outside against us this year.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
  19. BigOrangeBeech

I'm right there with Uni. My complaints have been more about "we better get this or that fixed before we start playing the good teams." Tomorrow is where it begins. After watching UK against LSU, I feel better about this game. Still wouldnt be surprised to see a loss, but we are the better team by a slight margin, we have older guys that are well equipped to handle the crowd and what will likely be hometown refs. Just hope that foul trouble doesnt kill us. We will need to spread the production around tomorrow.

20. Ssmiff

For as many lost men ive seen on D, its mainly Pons, Alexander and Walker on switchoffs when he plays. Grant doesnt lose his man but seems like every player hes guarding hits one over him. Also seen a lot of last second ones after we have played good D for most of the shot clock.