Lady Vols

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Unimane, Nov 10, 2021.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

New AD calling the shots. I would at least venture to guess that would make her at least listen.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

She's not so proud or offended as to refuse a raise and position in the most prominent conference for her sport at her school.

She is absolutely the primary target whenever White is ready to move on. Has to be.

3. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Just hire the LSU coach and be done with it. She would easily win multiple titles here. Should've poached the USCjr coach earlier in her tenure there.

4. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Need to hire outside of the UT tree.

I’d love to snag the coach at IU. What she has done to that program is nothing short of miraculous.

5. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Late to the party here, but good lord how I was reminded again last night how Geno is and always has been one of the more unlikeable figures within all of sports.

As far as Lady Vols future: I hope we always swing for homeruns with this program. We need to constantly and obsessively strive to be a perennial powerhouse within this sport. We owe it to our University, our alumni/Lady Vols fans, and Pat Summit to always do whatever we can as an institution to honor her legacy that transcended college sports by being committed to always having an excellent women's program.

Wish we could simply poach a dynamic, proven winner like Mulkey. Our women's program deserves to always be the gold standard of women's athletics. And it is my hope our University always maintains that mentality with this program.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2023
  6. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

If she’ll leave Texas for LSU then seems she can be bought. How much is too much for a women’s basketball coach though at a blue blood program?

7. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Mulkey had Louisiana ties, not least of which that she grew up in Louisiana, and played for Louisiana Tech.

8. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

With the unique legacy *ONLY* our women's program has, combined with the exponentially growing truckloads of revenue SEC universities are brining in annually, don't worry about costs or profitability. Our University being considered the school that practically invented modern collegiate women's athletics was priceless goodwill and PR brought to our alma mater. The value and awareness Pat Summit brought to this University can never be understated. Our University needs to always treat the women's basketball program like the 1st class program it is. We are the New York Yankess of the sport afterall.

9. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

I get that. She would probably say no ultimately. But you still ask her if the job comes open anytime soon imo. She would crush it at a place like UT.

10. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Kellie Harper is Jerry Green in a dress. Just rolls the ball out there and hopes to out-talent teams. Not surprisingly that didn’t work tonight against Kim Mulkey’s LSU.

I don’t think she’ll be fired this year unless they totally fall apart and play their way out of the tournament. But she’ll be on the hot seat next year and that team is probably going to be awful. It’s basically going to be this year’s team but with the two best players gone to the WNBA.

11. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

I think she makes $4 million a year at LSU. No chance we would pay that. That’s what we paid Josh Heupel initially. It’s not our brand to spend big up front. We hire cheap, and then if you win here we pay you big

12. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Goodbye Flicka and Spirit.:(

13. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Fire up the hot board

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Bring me Lawson. Promise the sec will always use the correct ball.

15. CardinalVol

I'm still going to need a little bit more misery for the "women's team can beat the men's team/we're above the rest of the sports (but make sure you give us football money)" crowd. I'm not fully satisfied yet. I'm going to need a missed tournament.

VolDad and utvol0427 like this.
  16. CardinalVol

I am chuckling at Mulkey in some bring orange sequin blazer.

Man, let's make this happen. That offsets my spitefulness.

17. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

There will never be enough misery for that group to satisfy me. Bring on all the losses.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't like that group but I want tennessee to win at everything. Anyone in that group who isn't humbled now never will be and aren't worth factoring in. Imo.

10SEvols likes this.
  19. IP

IP Super Moderator

I did know one who swung around and supported the men almost as much as the women when Pearl's team knocked off Memphis to become #1. Going into that game, she had an epiphany and as far as I know she never reverted to that toxic "could beat the men" crap.

20. CardinalVol

At some point they are still Tennessee and I want them to do well, but I'm enjoying watching that group being tortured too much right now to want it to change.