Lady Vols

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Unimane, Nov 10, 2021.

1. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Full disclosure: I have not watched much Lady Vol basketball since Pat left the house.

Winning aside, that was hard to watch.

SetVol13 likes this.
  2. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I flip this team on every once in a while and they are so bad. There’s some individual talent, and maybe with coaching they could turn into something, but the offense is incredibly dumb. And they also shoot 64% from the line.

3. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Yes, they are seriously terrible at every fundamental aspect of the game. They lose their man, turn the ball over, can't shoot free throws, lack offensive movement and organization. It's a decent coaches nightmare.

4. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

They did get a transfer for next year that’s pretty good. One of the top players in the conference last year averaging over 20ppg.

5. Tar Volon

Saw that they’d somehow cut it to two, flipped it back on, and watched the following:

Turnover.
    Turnover.
    Missed shot, offensive rebound.
    Turnover.
    Turnover.
    Turnover.

Literally every possession ended in a turnover.

6. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I don’t see how y’all do it. Tried for 3 minute of game time. Just awful. 5 unaware players standing around on both ends. Mechanical, soft, and sitting in a zone giving up easy open shots

7. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I’d rather watch smiff take on KAF in a quiz bowl

The Dooz and A-Smith like this.
  8. Ssmiff

And wtf with the huge eyelashes during a basketball game. I just cant

9. Tar Volon

There are other women’s sports teams that I genuinely enjoy watching. There are untalented sports teams that I genuinely enjoy watching. And this team is talented! And Vols. And so periodically I try and they are one of the most miserable sporting experiences I can imagine.

It’s incredible that they made the Sweet Sixteen and the men were out in the second round. Just in case people were convinced about how much luck is involved in tournament play.

10. Tar Volon

Other Lady Vols, on the other hand, just took two straight on the road against a top five opponent. In dominating fashion, both. I guess this is the wrong forum for them though.

11. Ssmiff

Gross

12. Unimane

Watching the Lady Vols, I'm still seeing a team poorly coached. Very sloppy and disorganized. Harper will never win a damn thing here.

13. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Fulmer is the worst AD in school history. Every HC hire he made was a bust.

Hart and Currie at least got one right.

14. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I didn't watch, but looking at the stats, she plays too many players, I think. Her teams don't have an identity. She told my papaw that a big problem was keeping them all happy, which I think is a red flag.

15. Unimane

Harper just isn't a very good coach. She has the players liking her and she's a nice person, a good ambassador for the university, but it's a final nail in the coffin of the Fulmer good ol' boy network failures of his disaster as AD.

16. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Which is weird considering how well qualified he was to be put in charge of a multimillion dollar athletic department.

17. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

He seemed about as lazy or incompetent in that job as he was coaching his last several years.

18. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

He served his main purpose I guess. Would’ve been nice if hadn’t had to do anything else

19. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

He gave the Lady Vol people who they wanted.

justingroves and A-Smith like this.
  20. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Didn’t he have Jeff Walz but the Lady Vol subaru mafia reject it wanting Harper so they could do summit comparisons on social media pictures