Lamonte Turner

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by SGMVols, Sep 28, 2015.

1. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Yup. Loves hiring people he likes instead of getting the right guy. He is an idiot.

2. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I'm not sure I'd called Tennessee basketball once-beloved unless you mean literally once, beloved.

3. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Negative. Ernie Bernie show was beloved as was lofton smith team.

4. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Congrats on having to go back 40 years to find the second time.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
  5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

It was beloved. Was a time you couldn't get into Stokely. The downturn started with that giant monstrosity of TBA and Doug Dickey not giving two shits about basketball.

6. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Don't forget Yarbrough and Haislip.

8 year old me liked them anyway.

7. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Tennessee fans only care about basketball when it's easy.

I hardly consider it beloved.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
  8. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I've loved it for a long time - me, personally. I used to shoot hoops under a light as Ward called games with Tony White, Dyron Nix, Doug Roth, Greg Bell, et al. I can barely remember Dale Ellis, but juuuust barely.

I don't know shit about hoops, or much else, but I've always had a desire to attend / watch Tennessee basketball games, and now, absent the tourney, I don't even know who or when they're playing.

And Barnes has done absolutely nothing, less than nothing, to make me give a shit to care one whit about it.

That was my point.

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

It's there to be had. Don't hire a guy from Northwest Minnesota Tech or a guy that just got fired and we'll have a loyal following again.

10. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Exactly.

11. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

I think he uses Angie's List.

12. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Would have better results using Angie's list. He uses his inner circle which is full of idiots like him.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

16 year old me liked them

14. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

I loved watching Lofton play. Dude could light it up and would try any shot from half court in.

15. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

16. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

tbh i thought getting Barnes was a coup considering all the contexts. I'm not sure what's going on there.

17. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

A final four team that was pissed away due to a dumbass like Jerry Green. Choked a 16 pt lead in the sweet 16 against Carolina.

18. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

Ernie and Bernie show was a thing of beauty.......

19. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

Stokely was a serious home court advantage.....

20. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

Dale Ellis was smooth as silk. I had a chance to meet Johnny Darden when he was coaching at a Nashville high school back in the day. I was just a teenager and we were shooting the shit so to speak. We had a disagreement regarding Dale Ellis and Reggie Johnson being the better player. Of course he loved Reggie and I was backing Dale. Good times.