Lamonte Turner

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by SGMVols, Sep 28, 2015.

1. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I don't have to go back forty. I can call it for decades, but pulling in our football centric crew has been tough. Those two times it was absolute.

2. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I thought so at the time, and was surprised to see so many supporting the move, that Barnes was clearly past his sell by date and had been sliding into mediocrity at Texas for a number of years. It was lauded as the "obvious" choice, but, to me, it showed the complete lack of foresight by an awful AD.

3. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Yes.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Hard to imagine a rigorous and neutral analysis ever coming to an opposing conclusion. Ever.

5. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I thought he'd be able to recruit and was willing to live with a 20-22 win ceiling for a few years if it meant restocking the cupboard.

I've been extremely disappointed and look forward to his termination.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

That may be a little premature, but I understand. Will be interesting to see how the next AD approaches it.

7. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Let's say we live in a fantasy world where the next AD wants to swing for the fence and has the financial backing, who would be some realistic candidates?

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I assumed he'd be a decent stop gap and for who did the hiring, was the best we were gonna get

9. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Been disappointed with crootin. Just wonder if he's not willing to play dirty anymore.

10. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Beefing up his retirement. Gonna ride it as long as he can

11. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Basilio mentioned in his blog that we had ZERO basketball recruits on campus this weekend.

That is criminal.

12. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Remember how we all laughed and laughed at the thought of Fulmer landing a job after we fired him. Well, we hired basketball Fulmer.

13. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Minus the national championship. He's basketball Richt.

14. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

At the end of his career

15. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

That isn't true at all.

16. dknash

dknash Chieftain

I think it was no official visits. Looks like maybe 4 came in on UVs, and I think all would be 2018 or later.

17. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Still inexcusable in my eyes.

But I admit my recruiting acumen is near zero point zero.

18. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I don't entirely disagree with Basilio but I think he's being a little over the top.

Tyndall was recruiting lower tier guys but he drank his bath water.

19. dknash

dknash Chieftain

I'm going to go ahead and list our 2017 commits. This could take me a while since there's so many, so if this post appears unfinished, I've most likely been abducted by a Russian operative... in which case I will desperately need someone to call Liam Neeson.

OK, here we go, we've got

20. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

I will admit I'm a bandwagon basketball fan.