Larry Scott is officially the new OC/Canales QB Coach

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by RockyHill, Jan 20, 2017.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I cannot believe I am saying this, but at least I have the Cubs.

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Do you not agree that this was specifically done to get the minimum coverage possible and give the press the minimum time possible to prepare questions as to why he's once again going with two more of his buddies?

Also, we evidently had to double Canales' salary to get him. Seems like it shouldn't require that much to lure a fairly unaccomplished guy from Utah State to Tennessee. You've got to think the coaching community thinks Butch is a dead man walking.

3. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

The coaching community knows.

4. dtmvol

dtmvol Member

Has to be. No other explanation would fit.

5. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

When the coaching community knows your on your way out the door, you take who you can get.

6. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Well you can bet your ass we will be champions...of what I have no idea, but we will be Champs!!!

7. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Fulton County champs if they beat GT

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Orange and white bowl champs, 1.2 centuries of domination

9. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Had to wonder if that had something to do with it. I mean, it cannot really hurt Scott, even if things do not go well. He will get a raise and a checkbox on his resume. Everyone knows any failure of his will be due to Butch Jones. Any other person who is established had to wonder what it would do for them to come work for Butch. At best, it gives them a check in the dumbass decision box.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Scott's promotion wouldn't be a big deal if he was actually going to get to call plays and run the offense. He's been successful everywhere he's been and this is the next step up the ladder for him. I kind of feel bad that he's going to be handcuffed by Butch.

The DB coach that was hired is an extremely good coach that is well respected.

The Canales hire is one of desperation because no one will come work for him.

11. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

This is going to set Scott's career back. IMO

12. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

I think so too. It's called the "bUTch effect"

13. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Mike Canales looks some sleazy reality character on Spike TV. Maybe the owner of a pawn shop or a wrecker service in Newark.

14. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

He just ruins everything.

15. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Of course it was. Just like Jones' raise and extension was announced literally at kickoff in the bowl game two seasons ago.

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Call me when they fire Butch. Til then, I'm checked out.

17. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Even then it won't matter if Fulmer is hired as AD.