Las Vegas Concert Shooting

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by GahLee, Oct 2, 2017.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Who was it that posted the silly video that allegedly looked like a second shooter on the fourth floor? If people after the fact can be mistaken about that, it stands to reason it was even more challenging in the moment to get an actionable understanding of the situation and his location, then get the right people there. You know, in the midst of thousands fleeing for their lives.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

What about the guy in the crowd shouting it was just fireworks and to "shoot him" if they're real? Ya, he was probably a little drunk but he was also actually there and clearly not able to immediately assess even the most basic facts of his predicament.

3. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Or how about the **** that thought it was a helicopter? The notion that something like that can be immediately and accurately assesed and steps taken to shut down the threat right away is absurd. Unless there was a SWAT convention at the same hotel and on the same floor with everybody in full battle rattle, that guy was going to do a lot of damage before anyone would even know where the fire was coming from....

4. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

He shot a lot of rounds at the security guard. I imagine the Vegas strip is crawling with police, seems like they would have been able to get there sooner.

After the mass shooting g started it got too chaotic, reports of shooters all over the place. It's too crazy at that point.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Hey man, believe what you want. There is not a cop who is necessarily going to magically show up at the sound of gunfire within a few minutes. Especially if no one is sure where it came from. Or is absolutely sure it was gunfire.

6. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Just like the movies man

7. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I’m not even sure this is a conspiracy theory.

This is probably one rung lower - a dipshit theory.

8. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

[​IMG]

9. Tenacious D

The first and most essential ingredient in any conspiracy is the desire for a conspiracy to exist.

10. Tenacious D

That's been my take, exactly. If you've got a holed up shooter with automatic weapons and the clear willingness to indiscriminately use them, I'm not sure what rank and file patrolman is equipped to confront - or even find - them. And think about any patrol officer who does approach that scene...they'd be busy for hours with terrified / injured / dying people and general pandemonium. You'd probably pretty quickly surmise that the situation required SWAT, and who aren't just patrolling en masse around the city, but must be called, assembled, dressed out, transported, figure shooter location, plan access, etc., etc. which takes time.

11. GahLee

200 rounds being fired in a hotel 6 minutes before a mass shooting is one Hell of a head start.

12. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Actually, you just made the point you didn’t intend to make.

So we thank you.

13. GahLee

14. GahLee

Sure thing. You say 6 minutes is nothing. I say 6 minutes is an awful long time between the shooting of the security guard and the killing of 59 people.

15. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

16. Tenacious D

If anyone believes that there is anything conspiratorial about this shooting, say what you think it is / may be, put on your proof and let's talk about it.

17. GahLee

She just retweeted it.

18. GahLee

I see no reason they should be struggling to piece this story together. Surveillance tapes should do 90% of the work.

19. GahLee

ISIS claiming this is also suspicious. He didn't go out like a radical and didn't live like one the days prior to the event.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

They're attention whoring ass holes