Last thought on last weekend at Pitt

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by IP, Sep 13, 2022.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Did anyone perceive Texas as substantially better than Pitt this year, going in to last saturday? Does anyone now?

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Alabama played like shit on a noon kickoff in Austin and Sark knows what to do to beat Saban. I don't think Texas is that good, really.

Memtownvol likes this.
  3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Pitt may be a tad bit better than Texas but it's about a draw

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

So you're saying there's a chance.

5. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

If Alabama plays uninspired football with a bunch of ignorant, stupid penalties that extend drives, sure. That was one of the worst games in Saban's tenure

Memtownvol likes this.
  7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

[​IMG]

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

So you're saying they are going down hill.

9. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

Saban looked old for the first time Saturday. There’s always a chance that he isn’t a robot and Father Time is actually catching up with him.

10. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

They are going to be gettable for a handful of teams that in prior years had no shot. They've sold out on the Air Raid while no longer having that elite WR talent.

TDVol1989 likes this.
  11. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Welp, now Saban wins it all again. Probably won’t lose a game for 2 years. Thanks.

12. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

Alabama looked rough early last season, and they made it to the national title. This isn’t new.

Memtownvol likes this.
  13. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Texas does this against elite teams all the time. When they escape the season without a loss to KSt, Kansas, TTU, or TCU I'll be prepared to say they're back.

EDIT: As a matter of fact, it would not at all surprise me to see them lose to UTSA this weekend.

OneForVol and Memtownvol like this.
  14. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member

Bookmakers agree with ya. Texas only favored by 11

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

If you don't follow this guy, you should.

16. 10SEvols

10SEvols Member

17. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

He may not have been wearing a headset, but that wad Gary Patterson defense plan saturday.

18. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

I didn’t know he was on the Texas staff till a few days ago, thanks for the film tips Texas we can use it.

19. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I would not be entirely shocked if he was at Nebraska next year. Sounds like he just needed to hit the reset button.

Volokie and PilotFlyingJ like this.
  20. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Exactly. He was never able to get back to his bread and butter after making the commitment to going full spread in hopes of winning the National Title that season when they were completely loaded on offense.