Late Show

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Feb 1, 2019.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Now all he does is live tweet sporting events.

I always liked his dry deadpan humor

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

He hosted the show a year or two later. Made fun of the situation saying how it was odd that just a year ago he wasn't funny enough to be on the show, but now he's so funny he should be the host. Said something to the effect of, "I just realized I haven't gotten any funnier, the show has just gotten really bad. You'll see what I'm talking about in a minute."

Tenacious D likes this.
  3. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

He’s one of my favorites, is still one of the edgiest comics around, and is a genius.

He’s turned his new show into a Netflix run, and another Netflix special, but even his independent show was quality stuff.

4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

He was a judge on Last Comic Standing, and I learned to really like him on there. You could see how seriously he took the trade and held all of them to a high standard. Anyone that made a joke that wasn't researched or factually correct, he tore to shreds.

I appreciate intelligent humor. Intelligent and edgy is different than just trying to be loud and edgy.

NorrisAlan and justingroves like this.
  5. Tenacious D

He’s an expert at Russian literature, and weaves famous characters from those works into his bits. True story.

6. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

not many comedians can sit there, say less and make me laugh.

7. Tenacious D

This is the first time he’s seen Conan after it was known that he was being canned for Jay Leno’s return.

Again, this is after Conan had been fired from the very desk in which he then sat. And oddly, such is only possible if Norm held a tremendous amount of respect for Conan.

Still, beautifully terrible.

utvol0427 and NorrisAlan like this.
  8. CardinalVol

This one comic made a joke about Harry potter and Jesus and such. It gets to norm and he just rips the guy a new one because the guy had idea rowling basically was retelling the story of Jesus.

Tenacious D likes this.
  9. CardinalVol

The wife and I watched his netflix special tonight and that was fantastic.

Tenacious D likes this.
  10. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

And, not the least of all, he voices Pigeon on Mike Tyson Mysteries.