Lawmakers Blast Administration For Calling Fort Hood Massacre 'Workplace Violence'

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by SavageOrangeJug, Dec 7, 2011.

1. I need the job.

2. MG1968

MG1968 New Member

because you're no different than gsvol in regards to your paranoia about Islam.

the only difference here is that you can call people "[uck fay]ing liberal [uck fay]tards sons of [uck fay]ers"

savvy?

I've said things since 9-11 that I'm not proud of, but I'm not ready to condemn a culture and a religion because I've had a tough time dealing with my own inner-bigot.

3. The bigots are the ones that killed all those innocent people, and are still planning attacks to kill more.

If you want to swing on gsvol's [penis], he's at the other forum.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Fermented alcohol, yes. The rules are broken all the time. Premarital sex is a no-no for Christians, yet it has always been going on.

There are several popular alcoholic beverages in the Muslim world that are distilled rather than fermented, or are just drank anyway in defiance of the rules. Some Muslim countries have national beers.

You don't know anything but what hate-mongering xenophobes in the States are telling you. Over a billion people can't be fit into a simple box.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Okay. So what does the over a billion Muslims that didn't have to do with it?

6. Alcohol is prohibited in some Muslim countries because of Quranic cautions against drinking:
    "Shaitân (Satan) wants only to excite enmity and hatred between you with intoxicants (alcoholic drinks) and gambling, and hinder you from the remembrance of Allâh (God) and from As-Salât (the prayer). So, will you not then abstain?"[Quran 5:91][18] "They ask you (O Muhammad) concerning alcoholic drink and gambling. Say: "In them is a great sin, and (some) benefit for men, but the sin of them is greater than their benefit." And they ask you what they ought to spend. Say: "That which is beyond your needs." Thus Allâh makes clear to you His Laws in order that you may give thought."[Quran 2:219] [18]
    The Islamic prohibition on consumption of alcoholic drinks is thus the earliest and longest-lasting, reinforced by being embedded in religious teaching; still, both historically and at present, its enforcement varies considerably in different Muslim states and societies (for example, at the heyday of Medieval Muslim al-Andalus, drinking songs were a recognised and valued literary genre).

Saudi Arabia completely bans the production, importation or consumption of alcohol and imposes strict penalties on those violating the ban, including weeks to months of imprisonment, and possible lashes. Similarly, Kuwait also bans the importation or consumption of alcohol, but does not impose corporal punishment for violations. During the Persian Gulf War in 1991, the Coalition, to show respect for local beliefs, banned its troops in Saudi Arabia from drinking alcohol.

Qatar bans the importation of alcohol and it is a punishable offense to drink alcohol or be drunk in public. Offenders may incur a prison sentence or deportation. Alcohol is, however, available at licensed hotel restaurants and bars, and non-Muslim expatriates living in Qatar can obtain alcohol on a permit system at the Qatar Distribution Center, the only distributor allowed to sell alcohol.

The United Arab Emirates restricts the purchase of alcohol from a liquor store to non-Muslim foreigners who have residence permits and who have an Interior Ministry liquor license.[19] Rules vary by emirate, and the emirate of Sharjah has a total prohibition on alcohol, with the exceptions of duty-free at the airport and one social club.

Alcohol was first permitted in Bahrain, known to be the most progressive Persian Gulf state and the earliest to prosper, popular with those crossing the causeway from Saudi Arabia.

Iran began restricting alcohol consumption and production soon after the 1979 Revolution, with harsh penalties meted out for violations of the law. However, there is widespread violation of the law. Officially recognized non-Muslim minorities are allowed to produce alcoholic beverages for their own private consumption and for religious rites such as the Eucharist (two of the four religious minorities guaranteed representation in the Majlis, the Armenians and Assyrians, are Christian, the former being chiefly Armenian Apostolic and the latter being predominantly Chaldean Eastern Catholic).

Since taking control of Gaza in 2007, Hamas has banned the import and sale of alcohol.

Alcohol was banned in Afghanistan during the rule of the Taliban. In the wake of the ousting from power of the Taliban, the ban was lifted for foreigners, who can buy alcohol in certain shops on presentation of their passport to prove they are foreigners. Afghan citizens are prohibited by law from buying alcohol.[citation needed]

Libya bans the import, sale and consumption of alcohol, with heavy penalties for offenders. Tunisia has a selective ban on alcohol products other than wine, with consumption and sale being allowed in special zones or bars "for tourists" and in large cities.[20] Wine, however, is widely available. Morocco prohibits the sale of alcohol during Ramadan [21]

Sudan has banned all alcohol consumption and extends serious penalties to offenders pursuant to President Omar al-Bashir's policy of enacting Shari`a as national law. Despite this, there exists a thriving trade in date brandy (called araqi in Sudanese Arabic) and other native alcoholic beverages; a black market in imported beverages, such as whisky, also thrives in the cities.[22]

Many other Arab countries such as Lebanon or mainly Muslim countries such as Egypt, Syria, Jordan and Turkey do not have any ban on alcohol, and production as well as consumption are legal, under the provision that people below the legal drinking age (which ranges from 18 to 21 depending on the country and the situation) cannot legally purchase alcoholic beverages. In Turkey the sale of alcoholic beverages is prohibited for 24 hours during general elections.

7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I'd be looking for another job. Fraternizing with people I typically want to be wiped off the face of the earth or I think want to wipe me off the face of the earth isn't something I enjoy doing.

8. Speaking of bigoted statements. I'm still waiting to find out where I can find this in the Bible.

9. MG1968

MG1968 New Member

don't bother, SOJ was lost when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor

10. Pathetic personal attacks all you have? You're a [uck fay]ing idiot.

11. MG1968

MG1968 New Member

ironic post is ironic

12. Seems strike a chord of truth with you?