Lebron James Is Really Good At Basketball

Discussion in 'Sports' started by kidbourbon, Apr 6, 2014.

1. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

2. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

#oldmanargument

3. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Yea. You caught me. I also step out on occasion and tell people to gtf off my yard.

Skillsets relevant to basketball today suck. Starts early. Carries over often.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

I hate hashtags.

5. kidbourbon

IP hates hashtags. #fact

6. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I was arguing with your holding him up as the comparable multi-faceted player. There are many. Oscar Robertson belongs in the debate too. Guy housed people in the paint because he could.

Tossing defense into the mix certainly bolster's LeBron's argument. His improved shooting helps too. Guy is an all time great basketball player, period. Athletic ability and size make him what he is. His skill level has improved considerably, but still isn't where guys like Magic and Bird were.

7. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

You want fundamentals? You're looking for women's basketball.

8. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

He's better than Magic and Bird.

9. kidbourbon

I agree. And I think either Magic or Bird, if you had lunch with them, would probably acknowledge the same.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

He's certainly better than Magic.

11. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

He's not better than the dude I created on the PC version of NBA Live 99

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Did you name him JQK?

13. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I don't agree. If starting a team to win, I'd take either of the two of them over him.

14. kidbourbon

Interesting. Who do you take between Magic and Bird?

15. kidbourbon

You think Bird was better than Magic? I think it's a very close call, but I think I'd take Magic over Bird.

16. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I take Bird because I think he does more, but it will depend upon who I can put around him. All are great in particular surroundings.

If Bird wasn't one of the ugliest ever and a hayseed, he'd get more acclaim (I understand the back injuries took away his final 5 years and that hurts, but when he was healthy, he was nasty and he made the guys around him be nasty).

Last edited: Apr 8, 2014
  17. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

There really isn't a wrong answer. We are talking about three of the best ever.

18. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Dennis Rodman was right. If Bird were black, he'd be considered just another great player, not an all timer.

19. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

had injuries not massively curtailed his prime, he might well be the best ever.

I'm trying to think of the hybrid 3/4 I take in front of him - white, black or indifferent.

20. kidbourbon

Sarcasm, yes?