Lebron James Is Really Good At Basketball

Discussion in 'Sports' started by kidbourbon, Apr 6, 2014.

1. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

that explains that the guys with the most MVPs aren't white? Sportwriters are largely racist types who just happened to become journalists for journalism's sake, 'cause that's how it works. They just all happen to suppress that virulent racism at voting time to pick an enormous percentage of black MVPs and HoF members.

2. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

They have no choice in the NBA. However, on the rare occasion when they can give it to a white guy, they do.

3. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Mike Tyson lost to every decent fighter he stepped in the ring against.

4. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Truth

5. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Cute narrative. Complete bullshit, but cute.

6. kidbourbon

Right, none of the guys they put in front of him when Kevin Rooney was his trainer were any good. We know this because Tyson destroyed so they couldn't have been good.

And around in circles that terrible argument goes.

7. kidbourbon

Also, sweet change of subject. I like how you left out the part about Bird, which was the entire post you replied to.

8. GahLee

Who'd he beat?

9. kidbourbon

There's a boxing thread. My views on Tyson have been expressed there. I'll simply say that the "a bully folded because somebody finally hit him back" narrative that morons try to apply to Tyson is moronic. Tyson was a supernova. He may not have been meant to last, but he burned bright, and you didn't wanna be in the ring with him. Anyway, google Jim Jacobs, Kevin Rooney, Cus D'amato, Don King, Robin Givens, cocaine, venereal diseases, "prophylactic as swelling device*", and maybe a few variations on the theme, and that should give you some insight into the story of Tyson. You can respond in the boxing thread. Again, unless they've been deleted, my thoughts on Tyson have been articulated.

10. GahLee

His best win is either Spinks or Razor Ruddock. He beat a 39 year old Larry Holmes. The other two big name fighters he went against were Holyfield and Lewis. And he lost.

He fought 29 fights in about a 2 year period to start his career, demolishing a bunch of nobodies.

The Frank Bruno's of the world aren't impressing anyone.

11. GahLee

He didn't lose to Buster Douglas because Buster wasn't afraid , he lost because he didn't take the fight seriously and was out of shape.

12. kidbourbon

The loss was coming. It was inevitable. He was spiraling and he wasn't being trained properly. If it wasn't Douglas, it would have been the next guy or the guy after that.

13. kidbourbon

The point is he beat anyone they put in front of him when he was being properly trained, and he would have continued to do so for years had his support system not unraveled. A lot of things -- including his own craziness -- ruined him. But if you think that Evander Holyfield on his best day would have beaten the Tyson with Kevin Rooney (which is every fight up to and including the Spanks fight (he fired rooney after that fight)), then I got nothing to tell you.

14. GahLee

Maybe he destroys Holyfield if he weren't crazy, if he were properly trained and maybe this and maybe that but in the end they fought twice and he was beaten twice.

15. kidbourbon

You don't seem to understand what I'm saying. I'll state it more boldly. Tyson's career as Mike Tyson ended when he fired Kevin Rooney. The Spinks fight was his last fight.

16. GahLee

And with that said, I'm not sure how anyone in their right mind can say he's one of the greatest ever. He beat a bunch of gym rats and a few decent fighters.

He then imploded mentally and professionally.

He was a killer, an absolute animal but I never thought he was much of a boxer.

17. GahLee

I understand exactly what you're saying. Tyson was his own undoing, you think it halted his greatness, I don't see greatness in pummeling a who's who list of nobodies.

18. kidbourbon

You don't know a thing about boxing. And I say this without *******ry, but in complete seriousness. If you think the above, you just don't know what you're talking about. He was a hyper-technical fighter. Constant body and head movement. It was built-in defense. He really was kind of a "system" fighter......until he dropped ties to his system

Last edited: Apr 12, 2014
  19. kidbourbon

Greatness is greatness. He annihilated every fighter they put in front of him. Two were great. The rest were just the best they had to offer at the time.

20. kidbourbon

There is some good footage in this one on his early training and style. He was never a one-punch knockout guy even if that happened sometimes. In other words, his style wasn't about that, but he hit hard enough that he would drop guys like third period french.

[video=youtube;-22RvoxJU_I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-22RvoxJU_I[/video]