Less Berman!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Sports' started by CardinalVol, Jan 5, 2017.

1. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Buddhists are supposed to like everyone.

You make a terrible Buddhist.

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Oh, I love Brent Musburger as a sentient being. Doesn't mean I have to like his broadcasting. And all humans have likes and dislikes, it is all in how we are attached or have aversions to them and let go of those attachments and aversions.

Oh, wait, you were joking again, right?

Maybe I should make a "This is Buddhism" thread...

EDIT: As for me being a terrible Buddhist, yes, I am a work in progress.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2017
  3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Just want to comment bow nice it is to be able to watch the home run derby with the sound on.

4. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

the new people were pretty terrible though. the woman in particular.

6. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

ESPN is paying everyone minimum wage now, what do you expect?

7. CardinalVol

Other than Mendoza yelling too much, I didn't think it was too bad.

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

fair point

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I didn't want "back, back, back" garbage, but I did expect some play by play.

10. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

and the women 70% of that, hey oh!

11. CardinalVol

How do you do play by play of a home run derby other than Berman's babbling?

I thought all things considered it was fine. They definitely were more amped for some more than others, but there's only so much you can do.

12. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I like Jessica Mendoza and think she is knowledgeable, informative, and her excitement came across well.

Of course I also hates Chris Berman with the passion of 10,000 hells, so I could be jaded.

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

there were minutes at a time where they didn't even acknowledge home runs were hit. the camerawork was also terrible. it seemed like they were going completely anti berman, rather than halfway. that being said, i'm not really overly upset about it.

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

some of her interview questions were unbelievably idiotic.

15. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

I actually watched a good portion of it, as a rule as soon as I heard Berman's voice I would change the channel

16. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

She is insufferable.

And when she starts mechanic talk it's so far off base she might as well be talking about soccer.

17. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

LOL how old are you guys? I am 48. I have sneaking suspicion that a large portion of you guys are millenials. Lord you guys would have run from the room screaming "mommy make it stop" if you watched Howard Cosell. And with todays youth/college crowd he would "trigger" them and there would be a riot/boycott.

I guess I shouldn't have been surprised but I was when I opened this thread and found the hate for Berman. Thats why I suspect its a generational thing.

I dont watch ESPN now except when UT is on. I guess Berman's shtick got old but he was the face of ESPN for more than 3 decades. I doubt it ever would have gotten as big as it did without him. In college many moons ago we (guys in the dorm) always made time to watch the highlights.

I guess one could get their sports from NPR. The people over there would have a heart attack if they heard a whoooop. As for me I quit watching a long time ago and it wasnt because of the Swami saying whoooop. Its just more efficient to get my info online as it takes about 5 mins and I am onto something more interesting.

Then there is the SJWs and they seem to be ruining everything but eventually it leads to unemployment ala Kaepernick. Yes it puts a smile on my face. Also see NFL ratings slumps and downsizing at ESPN. We are becoming a very niched society with things like Sling TV, youtube and podcasts.

So what does my entertainment look like?

Fridays podcast of the Erik Ainge show and a download of the Callahan segment.
    Brent Hubbs segment from the animal.
    Follow the Money Weekly
    Robert Kiyosaki
    3 religious podcasts all prophecy related
    Sports Saturday
    Big Orange Sunday
    Mark Levin

And over 18 youtube channels.

I have a sub for CRTV but rarely watch it.

Yes with the choices out there one doesnt have to put up with SJWs taking knees or spouting nonsense. I can download for offline and watch/listen to what I want at a time and place of my choosing.

18. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Good god you're a ****ing asshole.

19. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

This is what you got? Age? Do you listen to podcasts or have favorite youtube channels? Do you listen to UT related radio shows? Yep when I used to watch ESPN for their "news," I watched Berman and enjoyed the show. I found him entertaining and humorous. Most of the people over there now are PC or boring like stale bread.

Heck a few weeks ago Ainge talked about the urinal troughs for nearly an hour. The conversation was hilarious and several callers shared their stories. He is knowledgeable, less bombastic than Basilio, is a guys guy and humorous.

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

People from all walks of life hate Berman. Don't draw stupid conclusions.