Less Berman!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Sports' started by CardinalVol, Jan 5, 2017.

1. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

When I was in college we all loved him. But that was nearly 30 years ago. Like I said I dont watch ESPN unless a game is on as I find it boring, the crawl is too slow, its often reset by commercials and i really only care about my teams.

2. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I'm nearly his age and despise Chris Berman.

That the current ESPN lineup continues to suck balls doesn't make Berman suck any less.

3. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Nevermind, brain on hiatus.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2017
  4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

How does it feel to be in a profession where people feel you are easily replaced by a millennial?

5. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

This is a fairly epic response to a fairly minor deal

6. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Color me shocked that this guy likes Berman.

7. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

So you're a racist who enjoys it when black people are unemployed.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Patrick, Olbermann, Scott and Steiner are the guys I put as the faces of Sportscenter

9. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Craig Kilborn too

10. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Pam Ward

11. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I'm a man, I'm 40.

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Good age to get the surgery.

13. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Berman was awesome when it was him and Tom Jackson on NFL Primetime. That was can't miss Sunday nights for me growing up. I can still hum the highlight's background music in my head.

However, that show and the Swami launched his ego into the stratosphere and turned him into a real asshole who made the event about himself and not what was happening on field. At that point he became insufferable.

14. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Damn. You old.

15. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Best one liner in SC history is from him narrating a NCAA hockey highlight -

"You can't stop North Dakota, you can ony hope to contain them!"

16. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

What you talkin about Willis? I own a business. Purely anecdotal and its a really small sample but both the millenials I hired sucked as employees. One lasted a day the other 2 weeks. Boomers and X-ers were my best employees. I havent had a Just Over Broke in 13 years. I haven't programmed or been a sys admin in over 15 years. I am always exploring and looking into new entrepreneurial ventures.

17. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

I dont suffer the BS "victim" card, especially, when its played by a multi-millionaire. He got kicked in the nads and deserved it.

That girlfriend of his is pretty hot but she is mental. I think she has him thinking with the wrong head. When the va jay jay gets old I bet he regrets all this BS.

18. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

I thought he was funny when you were in college too. I was 7.

19. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

With logic like "those two millenials didn't work out = all millennials are bad" you should invest in continent-sized paint brushes.

If anything, it seems to only further prove to me that millenials are less willing to work for giant douchey assholes.

20. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

You're funny. You conflate too much. Most of the teachers at my kids school are millennials. Studies are done on trends and traits of generational groups all the time. I do find that often they are too serious and too PC. It disturbs me that they lean left. But of course its not all of them.

However, I judge people as individuals.

Both guys were exceptional slackers and I knew it before I hired them. One was the husband of one of my wife's co-workers and she desperately want him to get a JOB. On the first and last day, he tried to say he couldn't make it to work because of car trouble. I picked him up. I never let that excuse fly. :) He put in an honest effort but lasted a day and quit! I said they were on the fast track to divorce and I was right.

The other one, I had worked with before and knew he avoided work like the plague. I let another person who worked for me and who also knew the guy talk me into hiring the slacker.

I dont attribute it to their generation. It was all on them. But I related the anecdote as a dig and not to be taken too seriously as some sort of scientific paper :)

As for me being a douche boss. LOL people who have worked for me love me. I had one employee tell a client and it was unsolicited, that I was "the best boss he ever had." The client told me about it later.

I dont micromanage. I dont call people out in front of others but offer "coaching" in private. I dont yell. I explain why I am concerned in as open, honest and as logical a manner as possible. I dont ask anyone to do anything I wouldn't do myself. I work on relationships. I am very approachable. The best bosses are not the ones who rule by fear. You dont get the guy to charge the hill because he is afraid you will fire him. He charges the hill because he doesn't want to let you down.

I have fired a friend because no on else had the guts to do it. We are still friends today. It ruined another one of his friendships because the other friend hid behind me when it came time to drop the ax and he knew it.