Listening to Ainge for the first time...

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by volfanjo, Aug 28, 2012.

1. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I like it. It is approximately 3.4 million times better than those who shall not be named on 990. Who. Still. Listens. To. 990?

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I usually catch a couple of minutes or so of 990 as my radio is already tuned in from the drive home the evening before. Doesn't take long to switch to Ainge or music.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I've never listened to his morning show, but he was a guest a few weeks ago during the mid day show in Nashville.

He's good.

4. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Definitely better than that clown show on 990. He can break down some football.

5. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

The people who criticize the play call when the QB checks down to the RB on 3rd and 10.

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

And old men who call in, talk to HH, and then immediately go to the bathroom when they hang up.

7. here to lurk

here to lurk Hidden Member

what station and time is Ainge on? Not in Tennessee and but I want to listen to stuff over the internet or podcast if available

8. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Small bladders?

9. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I assumed to whack the old tater.

10. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

He still has his silly moments, where they goof off to fill air time, but when it's time to breakdown football, he can do it. He also will throw in an interesting story about his playing days from time to time.

For instance, evidently the play in 2004 against Notre Dame when he was injured was Erik freewheeling and directly disobeying Randy Sanders's order not to run any plays out of the shotgun for that last minute drive.

12. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I have enjoyed it more than most sports radio when I have had the opportunity to listen. That's not been often down here in bammer. I had my clock radio set to it for a while, but the WiFi signal in my bedroom is lacking a bit. I am not a fan of podcasts.

13. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

They are talking about the "Whoo" right now. Quality radio.

14. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

That's my favorite part of talk radio. God only knows where those conversations are going.

15. here to lurk

16. here to lurk

listening right now, really enjoying it as well. I usually find sports talk radio idiotic. But so far so good...