Little 10 expands to 14

Discussion in 'Sports' started by OrangeEmpire, Nov 19, 2012.

1. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2012
  2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Nothing screams sinking ship like a charter member of a conference bouncing out.

3. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

Do we get our last 2 to get to 16 this year?

4. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

Are we taking Clemson and FSU or Miami?

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

No way we take FSU or Miami. No. Way. Florida won't have it. The conference gains nothing by adding them, anyway. Ditto with Clemson. SCAR won't like it, and it gains us NOTHING.

A North Carolina school not named Wake Forest would be a likely candidate, maybe even two. Another option would be Virginia Tech or Virginia, maybe both if they want it.

6. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

Fighting over scraps at this point. Who's next up for the Big East, Marshall? Alaska - Anchorage? Vladivostok State?

7. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

The subsequent implosion of the ACC/Big East makes a Charlie Strong HC scenario more likely in the event Gruden doesn't come.

I also think Chad Morris might want to test his mettle against the big boys before he goes on and gets a head coaching gig somewhere, but now I'm just talking aloud.

8. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

NC State and Virginia Tech would be my guess.

9. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Hello New York/Baltimore/DC cable markets for B1G Network! If anyone thinks this move was made for any other reason, think again.

As for SEC, there's no need to try to match this. Unless the conference were to get Notre Dame, there isn't anything to be done to match the move from a $$$$ standpoint.

10. Joseph Brant

I'm still missing where this big splash in the NY market will come from. The B1G is dreaming if they think they'll be on 20% of basic cable packages, if that. I don't see the MD/NVa market being much different.

11. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

What's a Rutgers?

I'm not so sure about that move. No one in the NY area really gives a damn about that school, if that's the objective, meaning NYC TV markets. Maryland is not a terrible addition, though not that spectacular, either. I am a little surprised, however, that a venerable conference like th ACC could be gutted.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

It is a good move. It opens up DC to them in a way they didn't have before. It anchors the conference brand into Megalopolis.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

They've been virtually irrelevant in the national title picture for a decade.

14. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I want UNC and Duke...bad.

15. Volmaul

Volmaul New Member

They did just sign an agreement with Notre Dame though. I don't see the ACC changing that much after Pitt And Syracuse arrive. They might actually look for another member now. Or one more could get out.

16. CardinalVol

It was always rumored that Slive wanted to go straigh to 16 and add those two but they were not interested. I don't see any ACC teams coming other than FSU, and as someome stated above, that's not going to happen.

17. Joseph Brant

I don't think any moreso than it already is. The concept that BTN will be a basic cable channel is absurd, and that's where they think they'll make their money. I'm not saying its a bad move, but I don't believe that expanding your "geographic footprint" is nearly as important as talking heads make it out to be, and going forward communications wise it will be progressively less important.

18. CardinalVol

It's just the next step towards the 4 or 5 superconferences.

19. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

I'd like to see NC State and Virginia or Virginia Tech

20. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

I would love to see uva for selfish reasons. It would be nice to have an sec school a hop, skip and a jump away.