Locker Room Post Vandy Win...

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by XXROCKYTOPXX, Nov 21, 2011.

1. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I wasn't trying to make it into a big deal or do I think it is. I just came across the video and thought Dooley's comments were interesting so I thought I would share. This is one of the few locker room videos I've seen right after a game.

2. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Did I really just see them bastardizing a song previously reserved for wins over Alabama to celebrate a win over Peabody? [uck fay] it, I'm not even going to pay lip service to giving him a chance. Fire Dooley now.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Fulmer did it from at least 2006 on when beating Vandy

4. hatvol96

Fine, then Dooley can go join Fulmer and they can share memories about the importance of their epic wins over Peabody. I once compared Dooley to Buzz Peterson. That was a mistake. He's Wade Houston in orange pants.

5. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Is this a step forward or backward from carrying a player off the field after eeking by UAB?

6. hatvol96

It's worse. You can argue the UAB garbage was spur of the moment on the field. This shit happened after they had left the field and were in the locker room. Pretty good chance I'm not renewing my season tickets in 2012.

7. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

This is kinda what I felt too.

8. SmokeyVol.

SmokeyVol. New Member

For those who did stick it out, I have become a huge fan of them. Good or bad player.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

They deserve it.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

You think CBS would have Dooley?

11. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Absolutely. Along with having a famous last name, his ability to make clever and quotable quips on camera is his most notable asset.

12. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

If you made it through 2008, 2009, 2010, and 2011, I think you've seen the worst.

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Wait, we carried someone off the field after the UAB win? Who?

14. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

D-Mo.

15. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

I think you'll miss a pretty good show perhaps even in spite of the coaching.

16. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

The other difference is Kiffin had some NFL players on the team and still managed to lose to a vastly inferior UCLA team and managed to bumble[uck fay] the ending of the Alabama game. Not sure Kiffin would have done much more with the current team given the same circumstances and if this vaunted recruiter recruited more classes like 2009 we wouldn't have much to look forward to next year. But he did open a giant and totally unexpected and thoroughly enjoyable can of whoop ass on Georgia that warmed my heart. Dooley doesn't have a win like that one yet.

17. hatvol96

Great point. Not like the QB our fan base is falling all over itself to praise was recruited by Kiffin. I'm also sure that all of the guys that hit the road would be gone if Kiffin were still in town.

18. vollygirl

vollygirl Guest

You guys are seriously discussing whether or not a college football team is celebrating a win appropriately.

19. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

That's a pretty bold statement considering the type of kids he was bringing in.

20. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

Criticizing a celebration in a football locker room is ludicrous. I don't care who you beat, the camaraderie that happens there is what team sports are about.