Looking at WVU

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by IP, Aug 13, 2018.

1. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

If Grier throws us a couple we'll win be 2 TDs. Book it.

2. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Yeah, their defense isn't near good enough to overcome that.

On the flip side, we drop the ball a couple times and we lose by 2 TDs.

There's a maxim about that or something.

IP likes this.
  3. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

JG is going to ball out

4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Hope so. Hes had a great camp so far but evidently held onto the ball too much Sunday.

5. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

That’s one thing he needs to fix. The offensive line needs to be improved, that will help JG a lot.

6. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

I watched their opener from last year against vt and the defense was pretty good.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Their Freshman All American DT, Lamont McDougle, transferred this summer

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Why?

9. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

This does not answer why he left, but maybe one factor as to why he chose Wash. St.

"McDougle's father, Stockar, played offensive line at Oklahoma when current Washington State coach Mike Leach served as the Sooners' offensive coordinator."

IP likes this.
  10. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Here is one opinion ...
    "McDougle reportedly wants to transfer to another program that runs a defensive scheme that will allow him to record more sacks. As the nose guard in West Virginia’s three-man front, his role was more about consuming blockers to free up other players to make tackles."

justingroves and IP like this.
  11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He didn't want to be a space eating DT supposedly

12. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

I think Pruitt will be aggressive with the front 7 and send less secondary players after the QB than he's used to. At least until he feels comfortable with this secondary being able to cover.
    If the OL is as improved as I suspect, they will be conservative and control the football trying to keep whoever the QB is out of trouble.

ST's could play a huge role somewhere. Just curious who might win that battle.

13. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

I think we will be alright at P.

14. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

I think it’s time to be an SEC football program with balls again. I think Pruitt is going to try to make WVU adjust to a physical game instead of UT trying to match their style. I expect 75% runs and averaging 6+ a carry. It’s akso important for the players to understand we don’t chase people, we beat the shit out of them. It’s time for our opponents to be sore 3 days later.

I hope they blast Drowning Pool’s ‘Bodies’ in the locker room pregame. That’s how I’d play it.

IP and justingroves like this.
  15. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

16. YankeeVol

YankeeVol Member

Yea they are STACKED up front on the DL

17. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

I am guessing Pruitt will want to open by trying to run early and often to try and grind the clock to limit WVU possessions. If we get down early by 2 scores may have to scrap, but otherwise, grind and keep it low scoring.

18. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

I want to see some diversity in the run offense. Counters, bellys, traps, stretch plays, zone. And then abuse their lbs by throwing to DWA.

19. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

What? No read option?

20. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

You mean no option, option?

hohenfelsvol likes this.