Louisville vs. Kentucky

Discussion in 'Sports' started by kidbourbon, Mar 26, 2012.

1. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

2. kidbourbon

I would go a step further and add the PBA.*

*Post-birth abortion.

3. hardwoodfanatic

hardwoodfanatic New Member

I'd be lying if I said I weren't a little on edge today.

4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Would the national guard and perhaps the SEALS have to be called in if Louisville pulled off the upset?

5. hardwoodfanatic

hardwoodfanatic New Member

More like Pattons 3rd Army and the entire 101st.

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Just don't destroy the I-64 bridge in the destruction of the city. That would cause a headache in my traveling to the in-laws.

7. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

wtf was 'ville doing the last few possessions? they were just taking their time, and not fouling KY to stop the clock.

8. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

After watching this game and Kentucky throughout the tournament I'm astonished we almost beat them this year, even if the game was at home.

9. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Louisville did just about everything you have to do to beat UK.

They killed UK with their off boards, which is paramount cause UK is a fastbreak waiting to happen, thing is, they rushed every single shot in the paint, so it almost voided all of those off rebounds.

In the pre-game show, Bob Knight said he would tell his players to use the shot fake over and over, if only Pitino would have gotten his players to do that cause UK players were over-aggressive trying to block everything.

Thought it was interesting to see such a young team work against a very complex zone like UK did. At one point UK ran the same play in three straight sets. Result? Davis basket, Davis to the line, Davis to the line.

One thing I would point to that Louisville didn't do a good job of is ball denial, MKG was able to flash to the line and get the ball into the weak part of the zone without any resistance, even though nothing came of it he would just kick it out and they would set a screen while Davis made an easy roll to the block, where that entry pass wasn't denied at all either.

At the end of the day UK had too much talent for Louisville

10. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Looking at the two rosters I would have to agree, seems like to me that Cal's teams will play down to their competition from time to time, will happen when your best players are Freshmen I suppose.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Best team in quite awhile

12. kidbourbon

Louisville scrapped, clawed, and played with great intensity. The amount of shots they missed from within 3 feet of the basket was absurd -- and was the difference in the game -- but that had everything to do with Mr. Davis. But I thought Louisville put up a fine showing. I didn't think it would be that close.

13. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Just goes to show what difference a shot blocker like that makes... Several times he wasn't even around the bucket on their misses, but the back of your mind is always wondering if he's there.

14. kidbourbon

Yeah, it was like a textbook example.

It loosely resembled a game of hot potato. They were trying to get the ball out of their so hands so quick.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That's a very good description of how it went down.