LWSVOL Is Calling Steele to Tennessee In the Next 24 Hours...

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by LawVol13, Jan 4, 2012.

1. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Some people here seem sure that 7 wins won't be enough, and I doubt they're making it up, either.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

No, apparently a lot of us feel that way.

I am behind the curb on Steele, didn't realize his stock had dropped so much.

3. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

I wasn't referring to his prediction on the requisite number of wins required for Dooley to stay next year. I am referring to him saying something has actually happened. Anyone throwing out absolutes on numbers of wins are making guesses, maybe educated guesses, but I don't think there's anything set in stone on that.

4. WM

WM Active Member

Dooley & Steele.. Sounds like a horrible 80's good cop/bad cop show that didnt get past the pilot.

5. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Recruiting class shouldn't take much of a bump, if any. About all we can hope for with this hire IMO.

6. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Guy is in the ACC and he has some studs signed on his defense...and Clemson is in the 50s for their defensive ranking. Eh.

7. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Agreed. By all accounts, Steele is a good recruiter.

8. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

It's almost like the entire focus of the Dooley era is to not have a bad recruiting class. I really just wish Kippy Brown was promoted to interim head coach from the start.

9. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Yep.

10. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

Sorry for the ignorance, but who is Hobby? (haven't been following this search as close as I usually do)

11. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

I've said it a million times, I'll say it again. If an AD can't trust a coach to hire a competent staff, he needs to fire that coach immediately.

12. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

It was fine when it was year one and it actually seemed like UT was recruiting well. Pulling in top 15 classes is not worth this garbage.

Give me one class ranked 30th and a quality coach the next year over a bunch of top 15 classes.

13. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

The seven weeks from mid-October to the end of November sure look bad for him.

14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I wonder if Dan Brooks has in any way given LWS this info.

15. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Think that's definitely the general rule. This may be an exception because of the timing. I don't think Hart should trust Dooley to hire a competent staff. And, I also don't think he should fire him right now just because of the timing and presumably because we haven't already basically identified our target replacement and know he's interested.

Couple that with the fact that Hart just got hired, and I think everything points to the right move being firing Dooley after next season.

16. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Have no idea. He acts like he gets his info from the UT side of things.

17. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I just dont want the whistle blower Dan Brooks back on the hill. [uck fay] him!

Last edited: Jan 4, 2012
  18. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

Former UT lineman. Was our Strength coach I think during 98'. He coaches DEs and is co-DC with Steele IIRC.

19. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I honestly believe that 7 wins saves his job for another year- and 8 gets him an extension.

I hate the hell out of it, but that's my $.02

20. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

That should be the standard in any profession. If you cant trust your management to make good hires and surround themselves with the best possible people then they are already failing in a major way. Dooley is dumb as shit so a shitty hire is imminent.