LWSVOL Is Calling Steele to Tennessee In the Next 24 Hours...

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by LawVol13, Jan 4, 2012.

1. tennesseevolman

tennesseevolman New Member

That is like saying the CEO of a company has no business telling someone on a lower level how to manage a dept. That is a sure fire recipe for bankruptcy to intentionally put someone in charge, only to know it will cause your failure and result in clouding your name. Wow! I can't believe your denial! Dooley was hired to win and losing is a reflection on Harts decisions. Look at where Hamilton is now! Hammys demise was a result of his decisions and failures. That is a job for an AD, and you live and die by your decisions. Hart needs to make decisions to reflect positively on the University, and letting Dooley make those decisions won't bode well for UT, CHIEF! Harts success shouldn't be laid in the hands of CDD.

1 person likes this.
  2. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

we're talking about an asst man. being on the hook for an asst isn't that big of a deal, or at least it shouldn't be if you're competent in making contracts. A coach runs his team how he sees fit. I'm not saying Hart and Dooley shouldn't work together, but ultimately, it's Dooley's man for the job. As hat said, if Hart doesn't like the hires Dooley makes, then can Dooley and bring in someone else. Just because it's the AD's money, doesn't put the blame on Hart, it still belongs to Dooley if he screws up. If Hart keeps Dooley around and he continues to make blunders, well then it finally falls on Hart. The money to buyout an assistant should NEVER be an issue, especially with a school with Tennessee's athletic budget.

3. tennesseevolman

I totally disagree. Harts performance is directly reflected by Dooley at a football college. If he let's CDD run the program into the ground, then HE let it happen on his watch. Your line of thinking would be a good recipe for bankruptcy as a CEO! Even if you know a subordinate was making a bad decision, you would let him do it to make an excuse to fire him. That is a crazy way of thinking CHIEF!

4. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

you obviously don't know how to run businesses. Again, it's your job as AD to hire the man that will make the right decisions beneath you. Not to hire a man that has to answer to you for everything. Very few businesses succeed with micromanagers at the top. If you're going to be making all the calls as AD, why even hire a HC? Just run all the teams yourself. This post of yours is laughable.

5. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

Ummm, thanks for the laugh. Good luck ever hiring a coach to come work for you. Or anyone to work for your company for that matter.

6. tennesseevolman

You crack me up! Because you know nothing about me. You have decided that I don't run a multiple million dollar business without knowing me! It really shows me a lot about you and your judgement! You are the same as Dooley! You think that you should answer to no one until fired! I prefer to mentor so that my success continues, rather than to set up my subortinates to fail along with my company! Harts job is to mentor, because he did not hire CDD, but might want to see him succeed along side of himself. It is better to help those in a current position to succeed than to start from scratch. Surround that person with people who can succeed and he will succeed right along side of them!

Last edited: Jan 4, 2012
  7. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

A CEO who spends his time telling sales and logistics how to do their jobs instead of simply hiring competent people and letting them do their damn jobs is a sure fire recipe for bankruptcy. Hart inherited Dooley. He understands the politics and economics of the situation won't allow him to make a move on Dooley now. Thus, let him pick his staff. If he succeeds, great. If not, no prospective candidate to replace him has to wonder if you're going to meddle in their staff decsions.

8. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Steele seems like he'd fit in pretty well. He seems to be up to par on how we like to play the 3rd quarter

9. tennesseevolman

By the way, have you checked out Steeles awesome defense tonight in the Orange Bowl? West Virginia has put up 56 so far in the 3 rd quarter. Yeah, your right, Hart shouldn't step in and stop Dooley from going with Steele over Shannon. Geez! Oops, my bad while I was typing, WV just put up 63 in the 3 rd quarter, but your right, let Dooley bring Steele to UT. What a joke!

10. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

when did I ever say it was the right decision? I'm just saying right now the decision lies with Dooley, you know, THFCATUTK? not an Athletic Director. If and when it's shown to be a horrible decision, all the more reason to clean house with the whole bunch and start over.

11. tennesseevolman

You are taking things to the level of sales person versus store manager. Look at the score of the defensive coordinator at Clemson you are defending Dooley over tonight? You guys crack me up. Looks like Clemson took your advise tonight and went bankrupt and you are hoping the same for my Vols! 63 to 20 in the 3 rd quarter. I pray Hart keeps a short leash on Dooley to protect our Vols from falling any further!

12. tennesseevolman

But why would we want Hart to let Dooley make that mistake and put a program back another 3 years?

13. hatvol96

Where am I defending anyone? Find me a decent D-I coach in either major sport who will let some bean counter in the front office tell him who is going to be on his staff. Be sure and pack a lunch. You'll be looking for some time.

14. hatvol96

Yeah, Dooley is just a defensive coordinator away from success.

15. hatvol96

Why would you want Hart to make a multi year financial commitment to a guy who may well be fired after the 2012 season? Why would you want Hart to look like some collegiate version of a dumbass like Jerry Jones or Dan Snyder?

16. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

So bringing in Shannon will save everything? That's hilarious. As has been mentioned several times, this is Dooley's ship to sink or float. If the AD is meddling around in Dooley's affairs, that's going to be one giant negative for any prospective Dooley replacement. Coaches, like real multi-million dollar businessman, are ego maniacal control freaks who won't stand for an AD making decisions for them. Most big names won't even show up for an interview if they think Hart will keep his nose in the actual running of the football team and be the ultimate decision maker.

17. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Is there a move that Dooley can make that sets us back three years?

18. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Is there a move that Dooley can make that sets us back three years?

19. tennesseevolman

We blamed Hammy for not letting go of Fulmer quick enough. Then we blamed him for Kiffin. Then we blame him for Dooley. Sorry for thinking that Hart did not walk into UT with blinders on. He is a smart guy who knows the expectations of UT football, and he will not allow himself to be te scapegoat!

20. tennesseevolman

Have you checked the Clemson score? Rumor is, he prefers Steele over Shannon.