Marquez on Pruitt

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Jul 19, 2018.

1. cpninja

cpninja Member

Every time I think of what Dobbs could have been with a real QB coach+scheme, it makes me angry

2. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Heisman

3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Dobbs will always have accuracy issues on 3 step drop quick stuff.

4. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

That's a good point. Everyone thought we were negavols for life and just liked to complain. We knew what we were looking for in a coach and we finally got someone that meets that standard. Now we may be wrong and he may fail but I can live with that knowing at least UT hired a good coach and gave him the resources and freedom to be successful. Also shows other top coaches what we are willing to do to win. It's about damn time.

BigOrangeBeech likes this.
  5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

We have a coach for the first time since 2009. We have an AD that's going to make sure football is the top dog here. It's nice

Tenacious D and BigOrangeBeech like this.
  6. IP

IP Super Moderator

This place is normal. Normal reactions to events. The other place is insane. Same song and dance, for every coach who is hired. I find it creepy how much the mock and denigrate Butch Jones, given that I can look at their histories and see how vehemently they defended him literally less than a year ago. It's truly disturbing how now so many act like they always knew he was awful.

Indy and zehr27 like this.
  7. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

It just feels better overall. People are starting to legitimately talk trash to our opponents and it feels like we will have a reason to.

Whereas before, I just couldn't talk trash to someone with butch jones as coach.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Yep

9. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

Same thing with the “flagship” radio station. It makes me sick hearing them bash Butch now when they were carrying water for him for 5 years, even up to the point of his firing.

Joseph Brant and IP like this.
  10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

The other day Heather Harrington was ripping Jim Harbaugh a new one for taking players on some international trip. Said he needed to focus on actually winning some football games. This after sheeping it for Butch for five years and never mentioning him needing to win games or bringing up the absurd number of things he claimed to do that were unrelated to winning football games (Volympics, charting media negativity, 8 hours of analytics after the fact to determine if they made the right call on OU 4th down, etc.).

11. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

Listening to Heather Harrington kills brain cells. Avoid at all costs.

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I usually go with Swain in the AM, but I sometimes have left the dial on Sports Animal from the afternoon before and I catch her making some terrible points.

13. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

Morning radio is rough. Swain I guess is the least insufferable. I usually agree with his stuff but he is nowhere close to radio polished.

14. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

It requires an utter lack of shame and which I do not, and will hopefully never, possess.

15. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I love Swain, but can’t listen to his show.

It seems like 5-minute segments, of which 3 minutes are just verbal grab-assing, and sandwiched between 10-minute commercial segments.

16. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

On top of that, Swain isn’t very intelligent. Kind of hard to listen to. Don’t get me wrong, it would be extremely hard to do radio every morning and have something fresh and fun to talk about.

17. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

If I’m going to listen it’ll be to the Fox sports guys.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

I am certain that Swain is plenty intelligent, whatever the quality of his radio show. I know it for a fact.

19. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Please explain. And losing to him at words with friends doesn't count.

20. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

Yeah I shouldn’t have said that. Just because he isn’t radio polished or grammatically correct doesn’t make him unintelligent.