Marriage Equality

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by fl0at_, Jun 26, 2015.

1. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Ruled in favor. Congrats all.

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Not surprised in the least.

Going to be interested to see how this fully plays out though.

3. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Good news.

4. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I need to watch Fox News today just to watch the heads explode.

5. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

As horrible of a ruling yesterday was, today's is the exact opposite. It's about damn time.

If we truly value liberty, this is the stuff we should celebrate.

6. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

:hi:

7. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Roberts voted in Decent?!? I will never understand his thinking.

8. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Why shouldn't everyone have the opportunity to be as miserable as the rest of us married men?

9. CardinalVol

He's a devout Catholic. I'd been shocked if he voted to uphold.

10. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

“If you are among the many Americans—of whatever sexual orientation—who favor expanding same-sex marriage, by all means celebrate today’s decision. Celebrate the achievement of a desired goal. Celebrate the opportunity for a new expression of commitment to a partner. Celebrate the availability of new benefits. But do not celebrate the Constitution. It had nothing to do with it,” Roberts wrote.

Laughable coming from him.

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2015...e-sex-couples-have-right-to-marry-nationwide/

11. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

I was just thinking about how my emotions surprise me; this one is hitting me harder than I anticipated. I'm elated and extremely grateful. Wonderful, momentous day.

12. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

It isn't every day you get to become a full citizen of the United States, so emotion should not be surprising.

13. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Welcome to the table.

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

glad to see. my facebook feed is already bordering on insufferable though and it's been what 30 minutes?

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Anything is possible.

16. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Petitioners make strong arguments rooted in social policy and considerations of fairness. They contend that same-sex couples should be allowed to affirm their love and commitment through marriage, just like opposite-sexcouples. That position has undeniable appeal; over the past six years, voters and legislators in eleven States and the District of Columbia have revised their laws to allow marriage between two people of the same sex.

But this Court is not a legislature.

He makes the stretch from hell yesterday for the ACA, but doesn't even want to give equal umbrella of the law with the 14 amendment to gays.

17. CardinalVol

I'm a Bible-thumping Exangelical, and I've already decided I'm logging off social media for the weekend, not even for the people celebrating, but for the people venting.

18. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

As Card mentioned earlier, it is likely his faith at work today. Still, today would be a much better legacy than yesterday.

19. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Faith shouldn't play into law. This country has marriage laws. Everyone should be allowed to have equal protection under the law in this country.

20. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Can't wait to see the first interview that Tony Perkins gives.