Mass Effect 3

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Jewbaccah, Nov 28, 2011.

1. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

Thinking about picking up the special edition if the store I go to still has it in stock.

2. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Does the special edition have included dlc? Have yet to try the online since I don't have a online code and buying one right more would be pretty obvious

3. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Obvious that you're the one causing SOPA...

4. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Haters gonna hate

5. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

This game looks pretty badass. My roommate has 2 for his PS3 but I guess ill just get the first two for my 360 because of the carried over files. Be awhile though since I'm still working on skyrim.

6. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

can someone tell me the gist of this game? i've heard it's great but what is the storyline

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Humans find technology that allows them to travel all across the galaxy. They find that there are numerous other races in the world, and they join the other races to form a sort of "United Nations" of the galaxy. Without going into too much depth, the storyline of the game focuses on you, a human commander by the name of Shepherd, and your fight to save the galaxy from a sentient race that returns every 50,000 years to wipe out all organic life.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

It has parallels to almost every major science fiction genera on some level or another. Very engaging story line, once you get into it. What is most interesting to me is that it presents a very alien-centric galaxy, rather than a human-centric one.

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

The first two as expansive as Skyrim? I'm actually thinking I'll get tired of Skyrim before I can finish it.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Totally different style of game world than Skyrim. It isn't an open world, per se. It is a location-based world, where different missions/levels are located at different places in the galaxy, and you go to them to initiate them. Some locations are static (like a "town," but in this case a planet or space station), and you go to multiple times for different missions.

If you haven't played any of them, the 1st one is cheap and worth a look. The second one makes certain gameplay and interface enhancements that makes going back to the 1st one painful. The story will make more sense and be more engaging if you play them 1, 2, 3 though.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Honestly, it is a better game for employed adults than Skyrim, in that it isn't so infinite.

12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I would take Mass Effect over Skyrim all day every day. The storyline is just so much more exciting to me, and the game play is solid as well. I think it is completely worth it to play the 1st and 2nd one before getting the third. I've gone back to play through a second time with a character in both game 1 and 2 just to have a refresher for the story.

13. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

Going to be really disappointed if the ending I get ends up being a total letdown. The ride has been too magnificently epic so far.

14. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Ending disappointed me

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Hearing bad things, but haven't gotten there. Have a feeling I will be playing ME white knight.

16. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

This game is awesome, though. Just wish it had gone differently.

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I'm not sure when I'm gonna get this, but i hope it doesn't disappoint.

18. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

If anyone wants to run through some waves on multiplayer let me know. I'm at the very end of the game right now and don't want to push the final assault forward until I know my chances are pretty damn good. I may be missing something, but I'm not sure how to increase my galactic readiness percentage other than to go into multiplayer and play for awhile.

Jewbaccah, I accepted your invite late last night, but you and Scribbley had appeared to already gotten a group together.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2012
  19. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Im about 45% done with the game, had to stop playing a bit to get my baseball fix on. This is easily the best mass effect imo out of the trilogy.

20. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I guess I have to wait on DLC before I really decide...but just finished it, and WTF? I really don't even know what happened.

EDIT: upon further contemplation....it's awful. Terrible. The same people who did such a masterful job making me care about the people, the cultures, the history, wrote THAT? Maybe I'll get over it, but it almost makes me never want to replay it again. SHIT.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2012