Maybe I'm Part of the Problem

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by MG1968, Oct 30, 2011.

1. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Yes. Yes. A thousand times yes.

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That's my story as well.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I use to take a loss like the death of a family member. Now, not so much.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

I can honestly say I loved the school before football was really on my radar. I used to go with my step dad to the library at night when he was studying back when UT still had night school, and roam around looking at floors and floors of books on EVERYTHING. I thought the torch bearer statue was awesome.

Somewhere along the line, in first and second grade, I started actually watching the football games rather than playing when we went over to family football gatherings. Every year, we would go to one Men's basketball game and one Women's basketball game. I remember getting to meet Coach Kevin O'Neil and John Ward after a game and being very excited about it. O'Neil will always be the basketball coach of my childhood.

But FIRST: It was the library, the torchbearer, and university itself.

5. MG1968

MG1968 New Member

no one in particular, it's more a bit of introspection than anything else. Probably should have been a blog post.

6. Lexvol

Lexvol Guest

In reality with Hunter/Bray out and no indication of the kind of every down back Marlin Lane is going to be there is no way to judge the potential of this team for next year.

That doesn't mean we shouldn't critique the coaches. The sloppy shit and onside kick still bother me, but I cannot honestly say what a fully loaded offense will look like next year. Defense should be better at almost every position next year as well.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The Air Raid we saw in the beginning of the year is what I expect. If Lane and Smith/Young/Neal/whatever freshmen can provide a threat of 5 yards a carry, the offense will be insanely good until someone gets hurt.

8. Lexvol

Lexvol Guest

Need the improvement I expected from the Oline in 2011 to appear in 2012. If that happens and Bray can handle more than one checkdown at a time...should be bad ass. Problem is I don't have much confidence in that happening right now.