POLITICS Meet Communist Chy-Na

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Tenacious D, Oct 8, 2019.

1. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Do you think Heroine should be sold at a dispensary?

2. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

So you are saying that something that is already illegal would be less deadly if it was legal? More access to a dangerous drug would probably add to the death toll. That is just my guess.

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I find this argument akin to the death penalty preventing murder. If I wanted to do heroin, I could easily find a supplier right now, but odds are it is laced with fentanyl or some other gross chemical thatakes it ten times deadlier.

I am not advocating making it purchasable at Weigels, but at the same time, making it not a crime to sell it with the proper licenses. The drug wat has been a huge boondoggle and has cost us billions upon billions of dollars and untold lives.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Do you believe fentanyl is?

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm saying something is more harmful when completely illegal, yes. And this is a great example, because contaminated Schedule I substances like heroin, cocaine, and crack are MORE DANGEROUS because of adding the Schedule II (controlled, not illegal) substance to them without people's knowledge. The answer isn't to illegalize fentanyl because the abuse is not occurring directly or from illegal sources. It is occurring due to the use of illegal (Schedule I) substances cut with it without the end users' knowledge.

6. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Properly controlled and regulated it could be fine. We currently sell highly addictive opioids at pharmacies. Or maybe we have controlled heroine dens where you don't take it home but can partake controlled doses (in quantity and quality) in a controlled environment. There are a myriad of ways it could be done.

7. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

[/QUOTE]
    Yeah that's not going great

justingroves likes this.
  8. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Ok, I think I follow. You are saying if it's controlled/legal then the quality will be safer. I would agree but my thought is that it will just put more of it out there on top of the unsafe shit. I could be wrong but I think it will just compound the problem. Also I'm actually on board with legalizing most drugs. I hate how many people are in prison for drugs like marijuana which are actually probably safer than alcohol.

9. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I don't understand this question

10. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

The point is you can't just stroll into a gas station and buy it. Which seems to be your heroine concern. Just because its' legal doesn't mean it has to be next to the tabloids in the super market checkout. We have no issue legalizing dangerous stuff, we need to think outside the box on how to make things safer and better controlled. Taking drugs that has who the hell knows what's in it isn't working out well for us. Legalize it, have quality standards, test the stuff, have a support system for people who need it, and help it be used in a safer way.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Let me try this:

Is fentanyl illegal?

12. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Where did I say that?

13. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Yes, is it sold at a dispensary like marijuana?

14. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

I don't think "Give me 3 scratch-offs and an eightball" is what folks mean by making "it" legal.

Hell, we can't even get weed off of the hard drug schedule.

15. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Agreed. So how do we make heroin and cocaine legal safely?

16. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

I don't know. I been waiting 50 years for them to legalize weed.

zehr27 likes this.
  17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Actually it is not illegal. It is legal. This is where the disconnect is.

18. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

It's legal, but I'd guess not as common as some other options that are distributed as controlled substances. There seems to be a larger illegal production and distribution network. That, or because it's as powerful as it is, we see more deaths from it that Oxy abuse or others. Perhaps it is easier to manufacture.

19. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

You mentioned concern of people buying heroine at dispensaries which makes me think of CBD stores in every strip mall. I'm saying it doesn't have to be that.

20. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Fair