POLITICS Meet Communist Chy-Na

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Tenacious D, Oct 8, 2019.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

lol wut

NorrisAlan likes this.
  2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I haven't read all of it, but is that satire? A mole placed deep in the Atlantic to support China? A complete douchenozzle?

Again, I haven't read all of it, so I am sure I am missing the "LOL just kidding" part or the "take this as a warning" part.

3. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I’m free market as anyone but some of these mother[uck fay]ers aren’t even hiding they’re sell outs to the CCP

Tenacious D likes this.
  4. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

At the heart of this is a tool known as the "entity list" which allows companies that can be tied to unseemly things to be banned from US commerce. Funny enough, the Trump appointee who pulled the trigger on this list last year is a woman by the name of Nazak Nikakhtar in commerce. I was up in Washington earlier this year for a meeting with her - didn't realize the controversy around her at the time but read about it later. She ended up stepping down as acting head of the export office to take a lesser undersecretary role that she's still in now due to the heat. But, she struck me as very capable. The entity list, while incredibly effective, is definitely something that can stir up retaliation.

5. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

How long is the west going to put up with this shit

6. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

We wouldn’t go to war over Taiwan.

I think.

7. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I was more talking at the end of the video and China attacking western companies and their financial chokehold on the west.

The NBA hired a CCP friendlyChinese native to run NBA operations in China to appease the CCP. The CCP isn't satisfied with that and still wants everyone that showed any sign of supporting Hong Kong fired.

It also showed the NBA censoring American's at NBA games in America this year that had signs or shirts that supported Hong Kong.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

[uck fay] China, I don't understand why anyone bends over backwards for them

NorrisAlan likes this.
  9. IP

IP Super Moderator

The size of their market. That's why.

Tenacious D likes this.
  10. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Not just that.

There’s a lot of media, academics, politicians, and ceo’s are compromised by them.

A-Smith and Tenacious D like this.
  11. IP

IP Super Moderator

it's greed, man. I.e., the size of the market.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  12. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Pure. Simple.

It isn't ideology, it is the sweet, sweet Yuan.

13. Tenacious D

Where’s Joe McCarthy when you need him?

Random JFK fact that no one cares to know:

Did you know that JFK was friends with McCarthy, never publicly condemned his actions and refused to vote to censure him in the Senate (he abstained)? In fact, JFK didn’t publicly condemn McCarthy until 1956, when Eleanor Roosevelt - the leader of the liberal left (and who JFK loathed - loathed...listen to what I’m saying to you....JFK privately hated almost all liberals, including Eleanor) demanded it. Still, Eleanor still strongly disliked JFK , and delayed her endorsement of him for so long. Without that, the Democratic Party is split and it’s inconceivable that JFK wins the national election.

Both Joe Sr. (Patriarch of the Kennedy clan) and the entire Kennedy clan loved Joe McCarthy, both for his shared Irish-Catholic background and his anti-communist positions. McCarthy was a frequent visitor to the Kennedy compound, and actually dated two of JFK’s sisters (Pat & Eunice).

RFK served as minority counsel on McCarthy’s Senate panel, and thought so highly of him that he made him the Godfather of his first child.

Both JFK & McCarthy shared a hated the “elites” of the State Department (sound familiar?). So much so that JFK once took to the House floor to excoriate the Truman Admin State Department, blaming their inaction as the reason that a large Asian nation had been “lost” to communism.

That country was China.

And we’re still dealing with that foreign policy catastrophe to this day.

14. Tenacious D

Trump suspends all passenger flights from China and all Chinese researchers from US, for stealing secrets.

Link: https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg...m_source=federalregister.gov&utm_medium=email

15. Tenacious D

Clarification:

1. The banning of passenger flights from China is in response to their doing the same to ours. It is assumed that this is temporary.

2. The banning of Chinese researchers is permanent.

16. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

What constitutes a researcher? A third of every Master's program in just about anything STEM is foreign national. And depending on the field, is split between China, India, Pakistan and assorted middle eastern countries.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Those would constitute researchers, I believe.

18. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Am I wrong in that? Did you notice anything similar?

Felt like a lot of foreign nationals extended visas through graduate programs.

Not professional schools, for the most part, but graduate programs.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

you are definitely correct.

20. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

My program was majority Asian (lot of Iranians included in that). That was Old Dominion so not really a top school in most fields. I actually am not sure if Old Dominion could have filled their spots with enough Americans that were capable of doing the work at the stipend they gave.

At UT the 1/3 thing was true 10 years ago.