Memphis Fans Are Going To Go Nuts.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by hatvol96, Dec 2, 2014.

1. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Stephen F. Austin is good, but they should not dominate you on your home floor. Pastner has to be feeling some heat.

2. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Didn't they also get blown out by Baylor?

3. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

Smoked by 24 on a neutral court.

4. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Pastner is just a terrible coach. Seems like a pretty good guy, just can't coach.

5. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Hopefully the Grizzlies will cheer them up.

6. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

The rumblings started back up when Division 2 CBU ran them on their home court.....The fans are warming up the seat, however listening to the talking heads on local radio today, they think it is far fetched that Pastner get canned this year because I think his buyout is in the 8-10 million range. Essentially, they said that the main booster that could write that check would be Fred Smith and quite frankly Smith does not care enough about Basketball to go all in like that.. even more so when you take into account some other projects he is kicking in heavy on as well likely helping significantly bump the football coaches salary in hopes they can keep him.

7. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Losing to SFA is nothing but funny.

8. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I know nothing about SFA, nor did I see the game.

As a rule of thumb, though, I think it's a bad thing to lose to a school with a middle initial. Could be wrong.

9. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Livid would be an understatement to describe the folks back home over this.

10. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

Talk radio has been awesome entertainment.

11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Facebook has been funny enough, can't imagine what living in this would be like.

12. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

The guy makes Top 10 money for college basketball coaches. It is quite comical.

_Crew_ likes this.
  13. _Crew_

_Crew_ Contributor

It's been "fire and brimstone" since halftime, last night.

14. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Why on earth was that the trigger. He's an awful coach and that's been apparent since day 1.

15. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Good question. Not sure why getting beaten by a team that won an NCAA game last year should be the blast point, but I'm not surprised.

16. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I remember they had Pastner with a mic for a game against Louisville and it was pretty embarrassing. At one point, he scolded some dude for not blocking out by pleading "(Player name), I love you, but I need you to block out, ok?" in a pitiful whining voice.