Memphis vs Tennessee 12-14-2019

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by A-Smith, Dec 14, 2019.

1. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Our depth is awful and our veteran guards are ice cold. We’re going to have nights like this, and they’re going to be ugly. Fortunately the D is solid—hopefully we can snap out of the offensive funk quickly enough to build a lead back.

2. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Foul, you [uck fay]ing blind bats.

3. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Nevermind. throat cancer works.

4. Tar Volon

Fulkerson has really come out of his mid-career slump and become a useful player. He showed flashes as a freshman before injury and we’ve just been waiting for him to get back there

5. Tar Volon

Man, Turner can’t hit a damn thing

6. Unimane

What a waste of a [uck fay]ing half.

7. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Turner and Bowden look like trash

8. Tar Volon

The fact that we’re only down one while shooting that horribly is incredible. Gotta hit our shots in the second half, simple as that. Also need to stay out of foul trouble.

IP likes this.
  9. Unimane

Memphis finishes the half on a 20-5 run.

I really don't know how we are going to get points in the second half. We seem like a collection of role players. I like their attitude and toughness, but there's no one guy to make things happen.

I wouldn't be shocked with a 10-15 point loss.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

It's very simple. Hit those open 3's and you win. Don't, you lose. That is going to be the case with every major opponent this year.

A-Smith likes this.
  11. IP

IP Super Moderator

they're there to be hit.

12. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Gotta make shots. Had plenty of open 3s and will more if we attack that bs trap they have. Pass, Penetrate and kick.
    Bowden does this about everytime we play athleticism though. He never improved his ballhandling to help himself

13. Unimane

We just aren't a good shooting team.

14. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

10/46 from the field so far. Impressive.

15. Butthole

Butthole Chieftain

16. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

What a waste of a game man.

17. Unimane

I'm having flashbacks to defense from the last two years on the pick and rolls and the getting beat off the dribble, forcing the off defender to come over just to leave his own man open. At some point, they need to recognize Lomax is right handed.

18. Unimane

Secure the ball, for [uck fay]'s sake. This game is an abomination to basketball.

19. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I think you could have picked 10 guys from each football team and had a better game than this. I've watched high school games that were more entertaining.

20. Unimane

I think that'll about do it.