Men In Black

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by kptvol, Apr 12, 2012.

Tags:
  1. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I always liked the Mighty Orbots for some reason.

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Don't know that I'd go that far. But I'm not sure what was supposed to be the appeal of the movie. There wasn't much action. There weren't many laughs. Seems like the draw was mediocre CGI and Will Smith saying some black cliches with an alien twist.

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

TMNT is awesome. It and He-Man are my two favorite cartoons from the 80s. Teansformers and GI Joe and 3rd and 4th.

Actually, surely to God the Turtles won't be from Dimension X will they? He wouldn't do that.......would he?

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I think they are supposed to be aliens.

5. CardinalVol

Which they would be if originally from Dimension X.

6. CardinalVol

Or this -

Krang - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i'd like to meet the guy who wrote that article on wikipedia. this is why the terrorists hate us. we have time to worry about the origins of krang and the teenage mutant ninja turtles.

8. CardinalVol

My guess is he looks something like this -

222px-The_Simpsons-Jeff_Albertson.jpg

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I never really liked He-Man, but I loved me some Transformers, GI Joes and TMNT

10. CardinalVol

He Man was probably my favorite.

Oh, and let me throw Ghostbusters in there too. Don't know how I forgot that one. And I preferred the red beam proton backs over the white beam proton packs in the later years of the show.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

So your favorite cartoon growing up was a man with a bowl cut wearing red underwear huh? I may not bring my son to Calhoun's now...

I had the back pack and the ghost trap.

12. CardinalVol

As did I. They were awesome, although the trap did not work as well as it did in the cartoon when you threw it.

Kept it at my grandmothers house. Had totally forgotten about it, and when we were cleaning out her house after she died in 2004 I found them and busted out laughing.

13. CardinalVol

As did I. They were awesome, although the trap did not work as well as it did in the cartoon when you threw it.

Kept it at my grandmothers house. Had totally forgotten about it, and when we were cleaning out her house after she died in 2004 I found them and busted out laughing.

14. tankervol

tankervol Member

And turn it into TANT, IMO, JMO.

15. JayVols

I was speaking of the earlier movies.

Actually, most of these cartoons were just a bit too late for me. NOTHING beats Bugs Bunny and the old Looney Toons!

Last edited: Apr 13, 2012
  16. CardinalVol

You're old.

The first movie was good, two was decent, and three sucked.

17. JayVols

Respect your elders......

Actually Vanilla Ice's Ninja Rap brought some street cred to the movies......

18. WM

WM Active Member

Could you imagine the amount of explosions Bay could bring to Ducktales The Movie?

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

GI Joes was awesome. Nothing like 20 characters firing guns at one another, blowing up each others' vehicles left and right, and no one ever dying.

20. CardinalVol

Didn't one eventually die?