merge w the continuing dooley hotseat threads

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Dick Huffman, Oct 12, 2012.

1. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Word is that it has been made clear 8 gets it done but only w Bama or SoCar.

2. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

So he has to beat one of those teams? Or those are the only two he can lose?

3. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

He better beat one of them.

4. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

If that's the case, to quote Ken Harrelson, "He gone."

5. Lexvol

Lexvol Guest

Boom?

6. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

I still doubt they fire him with a win Saturday and a November sweep

7. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

So either upset Alabama, beat a top 3 (at least for now) South Carolina team on the road, or Tennessee gets new coach? Sounds good.

8. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Doubt all you want but dont confuse VQ with the Haslem's.

9. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Nah, just confirmation of what we all knew before

10. hallowed_hill

How many coaches in the history of football have been fired for on-field performance after a 3 game improvement and winning 8 games?

11. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Not very many that havent alienated themselves from major doners.

12. hallowed_hill

I hope you're right.

13. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

I don't see it as a 3 game improvement because that rewards him for underachieving last season. That allows him to use the loss to Kentucky as evidence they've improved this year and that's bullshit.

A-Smith likes this.
  14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I think Dooley is definitely majorly done.

15. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

I lold. My bad

16. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Awesome. That's always seemed like the most reasonable standard.

17. Montrell

Montrell New Member

Exactly! I think Dooley is gone. Why? Because he is not going to beat Alabama or South Carolina. He needed to beat one of the big four on the schedule this year and it's not going to happen.

And the whole "3 game improvement" argument is a joke. It really would be nothing more than rewarding him for having a horrible season last year.

Over 3 years the guy has proven he cannot recruit at an elite level. He's recruiting at a middle of the road SEC level and nothing more. He's had two losing seasons, lost to teams far less talented than his team, but hasn't beaten one with more talent. It's just not happening with this guy as the head coach. I have hope for the future for one reason, Dave Hart being the AD.

18. hallowed_hill

I agree with you all that he should be fired, but I just dont think they'll pull the trigger if he gets to 8. Call me a neganegavol.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

I dont' think he will even win 8 games, let alone beat Scar or Alabama. I don't think he will win tomorrow. I think his recent infirmity is a hilariously ironic development for a lame coach, and possibly the greatest evidence for some higher power in the universe I have ever seen.

20. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

What is the chance that Tennessee beats either Alabama or South Carolina? I'd guess somewhere between 5 and 15 percent.