Message Boards = the death of recruiting

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Beechervol, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Would it mean more to you as a recruit to know that your coach may walk you out the door after one year (leaving you to find another school).

Or

Some Joe on message board X calling out the same coach, and demanding he should be fired.

Thoughts?

2. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I called him out for having that name a few weeks back. Didn't see who his teams were from mobile. That's pathetic.

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

this is a common refrain by the cal admins as well and it's complete horseshit. by this theory texas should be having a horrible recruiting class.

4. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Hopefully recruit would look at UT for the playing time and realize that if Dooley gets fired, the next guy should be a quality hire. Too bad Dooley can't sell "the next guy", it might help.

5. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

CatsPause is a figment of my imagination? Wow, am I messed up

6. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

That's pretty common. Doesn't excuse not railing a person for that shit, but it's common.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

CatsPause is why Calipari can't win a national championship. It's obvious.

8. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

If a recruit is looking for a message board where the fans don't [itch bay], he'll never play anywhere. Are these the same [uck fay]tards who say the former players on the radio should toe the line? I hear this one [uck fay]ing idiot say that recruits could be influenced by negative remarks by people in Knoxville's talk radio, as if some recruit from Florida's going to hear the radio show in Knoxville. Unfortunately, the tools on the radio let him off the hook after he said the recruits could hear it online. I don't even want to go into the depravity that is Vol Calls, either. It makes want to put a bullet in my head.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Don't do that. If you must place bullets somewhere, let it be their head.

10. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I'm sure that recruits will be shocked to learn that the fan base isn't happy about a 5-7 season.

If our program is so precariously perched as to be hindered by a bunch of anonymous people on a message board - then we've got far more serious issues to contend with, and well beforehand.

11. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Here's another gem from yet one more stupid ass person spouting off shit they have no clue about. Intro: the media and message board posters are the reason Dools is on the hot seat...

Stupidity reigns.......

12. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Message board posters = gods of the recruiting world

13. JayVols

If we have that much power, I vote to can Dooley's ass immediately an offer Gruden $7million/year for the next 10 years.....

14. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

You just cost Tennessee two recruits. I hope you and your negativity enjoy another 5-7 season. It's clear you don't understand recruiting. If you're not giving ole Dooley an old fashion on a message board, you [uck fay]ing hate Tennesse and not a real fan.

15. JayVols

Guilty, Your Honor.

16. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

You guys remember after the National Championship in 1998 when Peerless Price gave a shout out to JayVols and IPOrange for all their great message board commentary that inspired them to victory against FSU?

(See what I did there?)

17. JayVols

Least I could do for the cause. The pose that he struck in the endzone was for me. I was. On the 2nd row directly in front of him. The nod he gave was directed at me as a thank you. IP didn't do as much as he would have you think. He like coats with tails if you know what I mean.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

My parents did not have internet then. I grew up in the sticks.

19. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Crazy to imagine life without it now, but I remember when we bought our first computer and got the internet. It was a few months before the '98 season started and was the same day that tornado hit Nashville in April of that year, for those that remember.

20. JayVols

Dang, I was 27 and married. 1st time I ever heard of the internet was in '90-'91. One of the guys I shared an apt with worked for Sears Payment Systems and handled Prodigy's billing.