POLITICS Michael Cohen Testifies

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Unimane, Feb 27, 2019.

1. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Was Cohen asked if he indicated he wanted the job or if he wanted the job. I would think they might be able to pin him on the first, but no way on the second. You can’t prove what his state of mind was despite what he said it was in the past.

2. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

As to Trump bank fraud, the Deutsche Bank loan application for $1 billion in 2012, I think, was to buy the Buffalo Bills. Trump valued a 200 acre mansion outside New York City called Seven Springs* at $291 million. He bought the property for $7.5 million in 1995. In 2018 financial disclosure forms, Trump valued the property at between $25-$50 million. No, the home didn't burn down since the loan application and I've never seen depreciation of $240 million without a catastrophe or something.

The documents to support these numbers are public information released by Trump himself and the worthless documents that were seized by SDNY then presented to Congress after they were returned.

Misrepresenting assets for the purpose of getting a loan is felony bank fraud. One of the crimes the unbelievable untrustworthy liar, Michael Cohen, pleaded guilty to was bank fraud because he greatly overinflated his assets to get a loan.

If Cohen's actions render him an unreliable liar, one must apply the same standard to Trump. To not do so one risks blatant hypocrisy. Pick one.

This 2012 fraudulent loan application is well within the 10 year statute of limitations.

*The Seven Springs home was the place where Muammar Gaddafi rented out to attend a UN session. He wasn't going to stay in the actual home. His people set up a tent that he was going to stay in until county code inspectors issued a desist order due to the myriad of extension cords & other electrical arrangements set up to serve Gaddafi was deemed code violations.

Just found that interesting.

The Dooz likes this.
  3. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Interesting that no one looked at this one or Cohen's crimes before now. 8 years to do it with Trump. I guess we turn a blind eye as long as you stay out of office.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
  4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

This is not true. People get arrested and convicted of these crimes all the time outside of holding office.

5. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Obviously and not the point. Why now? I guess its just dumb luck they thought he was a crook.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

The amount of white collar crimes that go unscrutinized is probably staggering.

justingroves and NorrisAlan like this.
  7. NorrisAlan

Or, he did things he normally does in a tight-knit private enterprise in a public forum with more staunch non-autocratic rules and hung himself.

JayVols likes this.
  8. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Its crazy how much of this goes on. Inflating assets is done everyday by tons of businesses.

9. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Tight-knit? The guy has never been anything but a show boat and has always been directly in the public eye.

10. JayVols

Exhibit 1 that it's never on Trump, your honor.

11. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Teflon Don

12. JayVols

They called Gotti the same thing....

Until a lying, murdering scumbag named Savatore, "Sammy the Bull" Gravano testified against him....

13. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I think it was more than just him that brought a murderer down but that's just my opinion. I think the FBI bugs might have helped quite a bit.

14. JayVols

Lordy.

Cohen has tapes.

15. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Correction, the FBI has tapes. Lets see if they do anything and if they amount to shit.

16. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I saw the check for $35K payable to his lawyer. I bet he wrote many checks over 10 years to Cohen for services. Didn't Cohen pay Stromy $130K.

How are you tying that check to the Stormy payment?

17. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I found that odd as well as it does not work out into equal payments. A check for 26K would make more sense to me (5 payments of 26K).

18. NorrisAlan

I believe in the testimony he states there were 11 or so checks. There was no single 130k check. tifwiw.

19. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Let this be the beginning of the end then. Corruption and cheating* should be rooted out at all levels of society, and if it takes less than noble motivations to kickstart us, fine.

*The obvious exception being, don't touch UT's bagman

Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
    zehr27 likes this.
  20. vols4sure

vols4sure Member

The checks establish all this? SDNY has a said Trump committed a felony or that if it happened it would be a felony? Or is this just an assumption because Cohen pled guilty that it means Trump is guilty?