Michael Savage offers Newt Gingrich $1 million to drop out

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by SavageOrangeJug, Dec 12, 2011.

1. golfballs03

golfballs03 New Member

the republican party is an utter disaster. they are out of touch and take too much for granted.

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I truthfully don't know what to make of the upcoming general election next year if the circumstances don't improve. Other than die-hard Democrats, everyone admits that Obama's presidency has been a colossal failure. If Newt does pull the nomination, is the fact that the country is at best the same it was four years ago (and in all likelihood worse) enough to overcome Newt's past? Is this a situation where apathy fully kicks in and moderates just stay at home and not vote because of lack of choices?

I think Romney is more electable than Newt, but at the same time, do you vote for who has the best chance of winning or whose issues you agree with the most? To me, I have to go with issues and then hope for the best.

That said, if Romney wins and he could convince Newt to be VP, I think a Romney/Newt ticket would be satisfying.

3. CardinalVol

I truthfully don't know what to make of the upcoming general election next year if the circumstances don't improve. Other than die-hard Democrats, everyone admits that Obama's presidency has been a colossal failure. If Newt does pull the nomination, is the fact that the country is at best the same it was four years ago (and in all likelihood worse) enough to overcome Newt's past? Is this a situation where apathy fully kicks in and moderates just stay at home and not vote because of lack of choices?

I think Romney is more electable than Newt, but at the same time, do you vote for who has the best chance of winning or whose issues you agree with the most? To me, I have to go with issues and then hope for the best.

That said, if Romney wins and he could convince Newt to be VP, I think a Romney/Newt ticket would be satisfying.

4. golfballs03

golfballs03 New Member

5. Obama has done the impossible.

He has made Bush look like a financial genius, and Carter look like a master of foreign policy.

I don't care for Romney, but would hold my nose and vote for him if that is price of getting rid of Obama.

6. golfballs03

golfballs03 New Member

I agree, but it would do some damage to whatever is left of a conservative movement.

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

if i thought newt had any chance i'd vote for him, but i refuse to believe that the american public will elect a president who cheated on his wife and married his mistress not just once, but TWICE. on top of that he just isn't the type of dynamic personality like clinton was to overlook the other garbage. if anything i'd say he comes off like an asshole to the average american.

8. golfballs03

golfballs03 New Member

he is an asshole

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

probably, but i have no issue with an asshole being president unlike most americans.

10. Sometimes we need an asshole in the foreign policy area.

11. CardinalVol

But what is the other option?

I don't know. I just can't write him off.

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

vote for romney because he can win and deal with having another clinton president.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

How about Ron Paul, and we just burn the whole government down and break into city-states and fiefdoms?

14. golfballs03

golfballs03 New Member

KGB Ron. He says that because he's a KGB operative. Disband the military and let communists invade.

15. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I'm fine with that so long as they make me one of the philosopher kings.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Any Ron Paul supporter would tell you that you are just a freedom-hating welfare addict.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

I imagine the SEC would just step in as the new political authority, and change the "Conference" to "Confederacy."

Expansion would be on the agenda.

18. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

First order of business is the forced removal of Big Ten fans to Canada.

19. golfballs03

golfballs03 New Member

What about bengals fans

20. CardinalVol

How about since it's a new government, and since it won't be based on race, we just enslave them instead?