Michael Savage offers Newt Gingrich $1 million to drop out

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by SavageOrangeJug, Dec 12, 2011.

1. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Take the Bengals with them. I have better things to do with my Sundays at this point.

2. golfballs03

golfballs03 New Member

3. golfballs03

golfballs03 New Member

Actually sounds like a real bengals fan

4. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

There is a Bengals thread here that Good Tullius started. Read it if you want my history with the franchise.

5. golfballs03

golfballs03 New Member

Not sure if you think I'm kidding. That sounds like every lifelong bengals fan I know. Just funny

6. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

NBaker on toos endorses this post.

7. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Gleaned from a book written by a guy known as the "Father of Free Market Anarchy"- Murray Rothbard.

8. MG1968

MG1968 New Member

if I had a spare million bucks laying around, I'd pay Michael Savage to shut the [uck fay] up.

he's gsvol with a radio show

9. golfballs03

golfballs03 New Member

GS is so absurd it's not even entertaining.

Anyway, $1M is a legitimate low-ball offer

10. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

It's really interesting. Could be anyone of 3.

12. CardinalVol

Paul stands no shot of getting the nomination.

People seem to be going from person to person based on who they think is the hottest. There is probably something to be said about Romney being consistently at the same numbers that I don't get.

None of these three have what it takes to win the Bible Belt south on their own merit. It's fun to watch.

13. golfballs03

golfballs03 New Member

They don't have to worry about the south.

14. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Card, with the proportional primaries -- of which there are 22 this go round -- the race could extend longer than anyone expects. Remember that Huckabee won the Iowa primary in 08 so anything can happen. I don't know that a sweep guarantees anything at this point.

15. CardinalVol

Seems to be a different atmosphere this time around IMO. Realistically, there are two legitimate candidates. This time four years ago the field was completely wide open.

I just feel that if Gingrich doesn't show very well early and win one of these (and IMO he won't win NH), them this it's over before it starts.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think the South is in the bag no matter what. Liberal pro-choice, pro union, half-muslim black guy from Hawaii? C'mon.

17. CardinalVol

I mean for the nomination, not in the General election.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Oh, my bad.

I don't know that Paul has "no chance." If the Tea Party is what it originally claimed to be, that is going to work in Paul's favor. Gingrich and Romney may cancel each other out in some places, let Paul hang around.

That being said, Paul could win every primary and still not be given the nomination I suppose. He isn't really a Republican and everyone knows it.

19. CardinalVol

I just don't see it. His followers are as strong as anyone's I've ever seen, but too much of the GOP thinks he's crazy. He'll pull 10-15% everywhere, but he doesn't have a feasible chance of winning.

20. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I am saying the rules of the game are different this go round, which alters the playing field.

Check out this article for more information:

New GOP delegate rules could mean no early knockouts for Mitt Romney, Newt Gingrich - The Boston Globe