Mike Griffith on Finebaum

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by kptvol, Sep 14, 2017.

1. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

None. We've had a full week in between this game. It's the beginning of the season, no one should be tired. Now if this was squeezed in to an 8 week strench with no break, in the middle of conference play where your best players are playing all the snaps every week, it might make a little difference.

2. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Do I even mention the fact that teams who play on Thursday nights are, usually, doing the same 3 games in 13 days deal? Ahh, never mind. Why ruin a good pity session? Gotta make sure all excuses are lined up in advance. Analytics.

3. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

That's only true if they play Saturday, Thursday, Thursday.

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Sat-Sat-Thurs

5. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Yeah. I'm completely losing it.

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Nah, I've always thought calendar arithmetic was for some reason way more challenging than it should be.

7. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

To be fair, Sat-thurs-thurs would also be 3 in 13

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

The important thing here is that Mike Griffith is not a real journalist.

9. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Very accurate statement

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

I actually watched some clips of the interview. He's freaking Baghdad Bob. Also, Finebaum may be an extremely misunderstood figure in Tennessee. He strikes me as not hating Tennessee at all, just not buying BS. Hell, I suspect that he would like seeing a Tennessee worthy of its tradition and competitive with Bama.

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Welllll. I think he's made some pretty disparaging remarks about Tennessee in the past. It's almost like we aren't worth it anymore.

He's a sports radio personality and one of the biggest programs with one of the biggest fan bases is in the crapper, and right within his strongest sphere of influence. So, he pretty much has to comment on it.

I don't know that he necessarily wants us to be great, but can easily recognize that we are not. Kind of like most of us recognized that Bama wasn't elite when Fulmer was beating up on them in the 2000s.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Why wouldn't a rational person make disparaging remarks about Tennessee, post 2001?

13. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I'm glad Griff is back covering the Vols. He's terrible. It makes me feel good about my kids' chances of succeeding when they get grown. At least they seem smarter.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

14. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Yea, but you probably don't want your kids to be shills.

15. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I was thinking in the greater scheme. I wouldn't want them in such a role unless it was that or prostitution or such.

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Boy that Nebraska team we beat sure is looking good today.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

04 was good, it should have been a set up for a nice two or three year run with a good group of young receivers and qbs.

The 2006 team was the last time Tennessee was relevant in the national media in November, then Arkansas happened

And I know 2007 went to the seccg, but that felt like luck, not handling business

18. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

'04 was a good year. The injury to Ainge was very unfortunate.

19. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Not even that sure about the prostitution part, either.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

And that particular play shouldn't have happened.