POLITICS Mississippi Welfare Scandal

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by HCKevinSteele, Sep 18, 2022.

1. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

Been reading up on all the details of the Brett Favre saga with Mississippi welfare funds. Here’s a pretty good thread on it. I’m not naive this story isn’t anything special or surprising. Similar or far worse crimes go unpunished by our elite/political class every day. But stopping for a second to consider how many children in Mississippi went to bed hungry so Brett Favres dumb [uck fay] daughter could play in a new arena is heartbreaking. It’s infuriating but more than anything else it’s just sad.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

My understanding is that Mississippi routinely squanders welfare funds on things other than the poorest people.

tvolsfan and justingroves like this.
  3. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

This. Its a shit hole state.

4. HCKevinSteele

Well, there’s giving money to a politically connected person to run a program that in theory could, but probably will not, benefit the state’s poorest people.

Then there is building a freaking women’s volleyball arena at a broke ass directional school.

SetVol13 likes this.
  5. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Brett Favre is kind of a shitty person.

tvolsfan likes this.
  6. IP

IP Super Moderator

The craziest part to me is that the governor was directly involved with the scheme and doesn't seem to be in any real jeopardy with his state or constituents? There have to be 1,000 guys just like him but with better sense than to do that.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yes, it's probably true for all states if anyone gave enough of a [uck fay] to investigate

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

There's some statistic on it in Mississippi though, where they divert x% of funds intended for welfare recipients to "projects" that don't directly meet any needs of the poor.

zehr27 likes this.
  9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's a pill head that cheated on his cancer stricken wife and then sent [penis] pics to that one FSU chick that was famous for dressing slutty

10. HCKevinSteele

Yep, maybe not unique to Mississippi but worse than other states. In general I imagine poor rural states are the worst for kindergarten level schemes like this diverting federal money straight into private use.

11. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Probably why he was saying he had a few hundred concussions in recent interviews.

12. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Yeah, kind of might have been too nice. He is a piece of shit.

13. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

utvol0427 likes this.