Missouri players threaten to go on strike...

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Savage Orange, Nov 8, 2015.

1. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Trey Parker and Matt Stone should send the Butler kid a thank you note, btw. He served them an epiosode up on a platter. I'll be sad if they don't do an episode on this.

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

You know they will.

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

So is the leader of this movement the same guy that organized a zillion other protests (many of which seemed sort of frivolous) on campus that were unrelated to race prior to this? If so, kind of unsettling he was able to win the war by playing the race card.

4. Volmaul

Volmaul New Member

Well, we can all rest safe in the knowledge that an evil white man was removed from his job. He, being an older white man, with all of that white male privilege that invalidates any success that he may have, only cared about the money anyway.

5. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Two actually, Loftin stepping down at yrs end

6. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

The musician?

Yep, and won't be surprised to see him teaching at an Ivy League school or maybe he heads for the left coast and Berkeley

7. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

No way. Why would a black man do that? You know it's coming....

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm most surprised that the hunger strike proved to be so effective. We have prisoners sometimes kept alive with feeding tubes and no one gives a damn. If someone chooses not to eat, it's a powerful statement but it is also an active and continuous choice of the individual. To me it is just a slower and most easily abortable suicide attempt. I guess I am wondering why it is seen as noble, but if he had held a gun to his temple and promised to increase pressure on the trigger very slowly over the next 40 days he'd been SWATed?

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I think the football team had more bearing on the resignation than that dude's hunger strike. Wouldn't be at all surprised if the dude was faking starvation, anyway.

10. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

If I was the president, I'd have simply said I guess he'll he when he gets hungry, or not. It's his choice, but I can also be a **** sometimes.

11. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I read somewhere MIZZOU would have been out a few million dollars if they canceled the BYU game.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

For sure, but the football team specifically said they weren't playing until that guy ATE, not "until so-and-so resigns." The media distorted that to the latter. And the support this guy got really took off when he started the hunger strike.

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Michael sam was there and said the guy couldn't speak because he was so weak after 2 days on the hunger strike. I guarantee you any of us could go without eating for two days just fine.

14. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

He interviewed just fine on CNN.

15. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

That's laughable. I'd be super hungry after two days, but I could still [itch bay] and moan about it.

16. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Maybe CNN gave him some Taco bell before hand.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

2 days? That's where your stomach finally STOPS hurting and you're just a little light-headed if you exert yourself. He'd be able to speak just fine for weeks. Your body actually adjusts to the hunger after a day or two and you sort of plateau out in terms of discomfort for awhile.

18. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

After two days of not eating, I'm going to start getting a little cranky.

I couldn't even make it two days without a peanut butter cup.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Some people experience a sort of "high" while fasting.

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

unless he didn't drink any water too, which I find extremely doubtful, he'd be perfectly fine. obviously he was playing it up.