MIT, you say?

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Sep 14, 2019.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Perhaps this is merely an isolated loss of good conscience. Or it was taken out of some necessary and helpful context.

Because, surely, anyone espousing these pro-pedophilloic views would be incompatible with any position at MIT.

Surely.

So, he’s a libertarian, I guess?
    Inexcusable, but likely not uncommon.

Link: https://www.thedailybeast.com/famed...ims-were-entirely-willing?source=tech&via=rss

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

so his take is that should be whether there was coercion rather than consent. Sounds like someone is a predator who likes setting traps.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

He a charter member of NAMBLA?

4. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I’ve been pretty happy with how the university has handled the media lab donations. Kicking it to external investigation and being open with findings as they are collected are both positive steps.

I find the donations by guys like Bill Gates that were given at the direction of Epstein to be odd. I suppose these guys launch campaigns and try to get others to donate? Ito had to go - you can’t mark donations as anonymous to cover for someone whose on a banned donor list. Turns out that the first set of Epstein donations weren’t anonymous - he wasn’t on the banned donors list yet - however the university didn’t stop them at that time. Given I had never heard of Epstein back in 2012, but I’m sure someone knew.

Now, as for this guy, I have no idea who he is and sounds like he and Dershowitz would get along.

5. TennTradition

Apparently he was just a visiting scientist.

And he is now gone.

I had never heard of him but apparently he is a hero of hacker culture.

6. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Who is making the judgement on an animal being coerced. Wont a goat always say nay?

IP likes this.
  7. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

He was affiliated with MIT for 48 years, TT.

48 years.

He’s been publicly saying shit which not only publicly supported pedophilia, but openly advocated for it, and for years. He was making public statements to this affect all the way back to at least 2006.

That’s nineteen (19) years, for the non-MIT mathematicians who may be ignorantly amongst us.

These recent comments are neither new developments nor the words of some adjunct teaching assistant, and who only last month wandered onto MIT’s campus.

And MIT’s associations with Jeffrey Epstein are only becoming further exposed, as new light continues to be shed on that matter.

Not only did MIT accept donations from Epstein, but which also lead to the resignation of a department head who was recently discovered to have intentionally sought to hide Epstein as the originating donor. Worse, a group of fellow MIT staffers and other academics from Harvard actually signed a letter of support for him, even after his actions had been exposed, but thankfully, to little effect.

Link: https://www.theverge.com/2019/8/27/...ology-petition-jeffrey-epstein?_gl=1*18e32hj*

8. TennTradition

I couldn’t find details on his affiliation. Just saw he was a visiting scientist. That’s a long time to be a visiting scientist....

Agreed on the Epstein stuff. Ito actively sought money from Epstein well after his conviction and after being told to back off began actively hiding it. He was a Silicon Valley guy and I do wonder just how deep his ties were with Epstein.

He should be gone and I’m glad he is.

Who else might need to be gone will be figured out. I think The president is actually fairly clean in this but he might not survive it. I’ll get it if so though I’m not sure that’s more than platitudes.

9. TennTradition

Like Dershowitz, this guy seems to have some weird thoughts pertaining to age of consent.

It’s worth noting that he does seem to be a complex guy. He seems to want to make intellectual arguments about what does age of consent mean, but he also did come out saying Epstein was horrible and needed to be locked up.

10. TennTradition

Ah, I see this is the guy that developed GNU.

Sick thoughts on age of consent aside, I see why he’s considered a guru.