Mizzou Game 2/5

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by emainvol, Feb 5, 2019.

1. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Uh how was that foul on Bowden in transition not a flagrant 1?

2. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Sloppy, sloppy, sloppy. Kentucky is going to murder us on the offensive boards.

3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

One ref near the coaches ia having a shit night. Mizzou being physical,witj forearms in lower back havent been called all night

4. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Looks like we're gonna be grinding this one out here.

5. Ssmiff

Cuonzo on a court means an ugly game. Lets win and gtfo

6. Unimane

Happening too often against the shit part of our schedule.

7. BigOrangeBeech

I think part of our problem is we have 6 or 7 guys that play about 80-85% of the minutes. Grant looks tired.

utvol0427 likes this.
  8. BigOrangeBeech

Yep. They're gonna give us a lot of problems underneath, rebounding and defending us too. They have the bigs to match us.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

You're surely right, but the drop off between him and Fulkerson/Walker makes it hard to sit him long.

justingroves likes this.
  10. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

21-1. Feels good man.

Lot to clean up before UK

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Pretty solid win despite a below average shooting night.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

It's a win. Gotta get sharper.

13. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

These guys just get it done.

justingroves likes this.
  14. BigOrangeBeech

Totally. I think its caught up with us the last few games. We cant afford foul trouble and cant afford injury down the stretch.

15. Unimane

I get the sense they need a loss or two to take the edge off. I hope not, but, the way this is currently going, this usually ends in a 20 point ass whooping sooner or later. And, we haven't played well to the level we'll need in Lexington next week in a while.

We've handled business thus far and 21-1 is beyond what I ever expected. Buckle up, though, we have the tough games coming quickly.

tvolsfan likes this.
  16. Ssmiff

losing double digits in Rupp wouldn't be a big surprise. 22-5 going back to last year in SEC play

17. Unimane

I see it as likely. They are just not playing well defensively. Admiral was shockingly awful as an on ball defender tonight. One fake and he was shook a number of times.

I hope they are simply sand bagging it because I'm a defensive guy and the number of break downs is killing my inner coach right now. And keep them off the damn boards!!

18. BigOrangeBeech

We've played the softest part of the conference schedule so far.

The last 6 out 7 games are gonna decide if we win the conference championship and whether or not we are a 1 seed. I dont think we can continue to play like we have on defense and rebounding and be able to answer both of those the way we are wanting. Offensively, I think we are just fine.

tvolsfan and Tar Volon like this.
  19. Ssmiff

imo part of the reason why we look like that on D at times is due to a little cockiness that we can't be stopped offensively, and we get double digit leads. Human nature on the court to let up a little when you get some breathing room. Seems to me when it gets late, we clamp down and end games well.

I do have concern about the team being worn down mentally from chasing #1, being #1, and physically. Grant, Admiral, Kyle are all playing like their legs are heavy. I assume Barnes the same with the day off last week.

20. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I think the biggest thing you are seeing is we're in the ho-hum part of the conference schedule against teams we know we're better than. When we played SC, a legitimate threat, we looked like the team we know we can be.

We're gonna drop a couple down the stretch, but we're fine.