Mizzou Game 2/5

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by emainvol, Feb 5, 2019.

1. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I definitely don't want to lose to Florida or USC at home but a loss before UK might not be a bad thing. Get that loss out out of our system before we go curb stomp UK.

2. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I think at worse we loose 6 games total this year.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think we are better than how we've looked lately. A loss in Rupp is not a given. and if they roll through there unblemished in conference play, the rest of the season is going to suddenly open up like a lonely whore.

4. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Counting tournaments?

5. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Regular season and SECT

6. BigOrangeBeech

I think if we lost 5 games to end the season and SECT that'd be a collapse for this team.

tvolsfan, IP and utvol0427 like this.
  7. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

LSU game in Baton Rouge scares me more than the others at this point. I still say we split with UK.

If we can't eliminate straight line drives and staying on our man, UK will have a damn field day on the offensive glass.

tvolsfan likes this.
  8. BigOrangeBeech

At AU is gonna be tough too. They shoot the 3 ball very well. Hope we have a little extra motivation from last year when we play them though.

9. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

21-1. I'll let y'all worry about the already predestined future losses

IP likes this.
  10. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I think UK gets us twice this year.

11. MettaWorldPeace

MettaWorldPeace Contributor

Florida has the best blueprint on how to attack Tennessee, but they just have the worst shot selection and discipline in the world. Spread Tennessee out and use ball screens to get mismatches. Williams cannot defend the perimeter and Alexander cannot play without fouling. Auburn will win by 20 points, I bet.

12. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

You think they'll beat us in Knoxville? Or do you mean in the SEC championship as the second?

I think our defense has a second level that they rarely engage. It will be engaged against the Cats though.

I'm honestly ok with us not playing at max effort at all times. There is a huge fall off after Bowden. Starting to worry about legs/freshness as the season goes on.

13. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

At home.

14. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Get behind me Satan.

CardinalVol likes this.
  15. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I hope I am wrong but Kentucky is hitting a stride that looks pretty dangerous.

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Have you watched their recent games?

17. BigOrangeBeech

I think we split, but I do see your concern. They are playing at a high level right now.

18. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

A few. Why?

19. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

It would certainly be no shock to see them beat us twice. Of course, it would also be no shock to see us beat them twice. Both of these teams are really good

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

You said they’re hitting a stride that looks pretty dangerous. I was just wondering if you’re basing that off of box scores or games you’ve watched.