Mizzou Pregame Thread

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Sep 27, 2021.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

He looks like a create-a-player except you forgot to set his accuracy rating from 45 to 99

2. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Milton is the most timid runner I've ever seen at QB, like a turtle stuck in his shell out of fear.

HCKevinSteele and Memtownvol like this.
  3. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Are you referring to Tennessee quarterbacks only?

4. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I don’t really think he’s the most timid I’ve ever seen, but for a guy who’s such a unit it’s proportionally bad

justingroves likes this.
  5. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Milton is Tebow sized. Like others have said, he should be trucking people.

Memtownvol likes this.
  6. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Yep. He runs like he's trying to sneak up on somebody

Poppa T likes this.
  7. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Agreed. He is always looking for for contact instead of just running.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Maybe it's a Mr. Magoo situation and he is afraid he will randomly bump into something. Maybe he isn't avoiding contact, but rather searching for his contacts.

9. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Maybe he dropped them in Neyland and is afraid he is going to step on them.

Ssmiff, IP, Poppa T and 1 other person like this.
  10. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

That's best case scenario.

11. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

Is it fair to say given his performance on the field he is resisting coaching? If we see it the staff sees it, why isn’t he improving?

12. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Maybe the hand surgery was a bad thing for Milton. Maybe all he needs is a injured hand so he can't throw it so damn hard.

13. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

It is not fair to say. Putting a ball on the money is hard, even when you’re well-coached and practicing a lot. Putting it on the money in a game situation? Even harder.

I swear I work every week on getting a flatter delivery and not sailing passes under pressure, and I get into a game, and I hit them 40 yards in the air. Joe Milton is playing a different sport and is 10 times the athlete I ever was, but this is some relatable content right now. Doesn’t mean he’ll never figure it out, but getting your body to do the right thing under pressure isn’t just a matter of listening to your coaches.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2021
    VOLinDAWGland and IP like this.
  14. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Tar what sport are you talking about that you work on?

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

pick-up artist

NorrisAlan likes this.
  16. Tar Volon

Australian rules football. They put up with an out-of-shape dad trying to learn the game because expats are desperate for people to play with.

Passing is primarily drop-punts (like an American football punt, but end-over-end instead of spiraling), and I can sky it 40 yards with the best of them, but kicking a low line drive that will hit my teammate’s hands instead of hanging it in the air for 10 seconds while the defender has time to close? Tough in practice, brutal in a game.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Joe Volon

18. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

I hear you, it’s tough. Not every one can play the game especially QB. I throw the question out there wondering if that might be the issue. One thing though, the same point could have been made for JG, perhaps Pruitt did.

19. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

I think we win today.

Memtownvol, IP, PilotFlyingJ and 2 others like this.
  20. Tar Volon

The encouraging thing is that overthrows should be fixable with reps, it just might take a lot more reps than we think. Now running like he’s afraid of contact is a different story—I’m afraid that might just be who he is. And I don’t know if he’ll be more than mediocre reading defenses, but I’m not sure he has to be in this offense.